Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jim_Perkins can you lay an EP500 on its side ? - 10/15/07 09:19 PM
If I laid it on its side, it would fit nicer under my stereo rack.
The rack is open, so its not enclosed. basically it is 4 poles with glass shelves.

i would remove the bottom shelf so the sub would be on the carpet, although i obviously wouldnt be able to use the spiked feet.

just wondering if the sound would be negatively impacted if i set the ep500 on its side ?

tia
Posted By: Hutzal Re: can you lay an EP500 on its side ? - 10/15/07 09:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: Randy_Perkins
If I laid it on its side, it would fit nicer under my stereo rack.
The rack is open, so its not enclosed. basically it is 4 poles with glass shelves.

i would remove the bottom shelf so the sub would be on the carpet, although i obviously wouldnt be able to use the spiked feet.

just wondering if the sound would be negatively impacted if i set the ep500 on its side ?

tia

I believe that all subs can be positioned in different ways. All the internals are firmly in place and it shouldn't effect the sound at all.
Posted By: Mojo Re: can you lay an EP500 on its side ? - 10/15/07 10:05 PM
You certainly don't need to worry about damaging it. Try it and listen for any sounds that shouldn't be there (resonances).
Posted By: Jim_Perkins Re: can you lay an EP500 on its side ? - 01/02/08 05:39 AM
Just to follow up, I laid it on its side and it has been there ever since. It sounds great and the bass response doesnt have any noticeble nulls in my small living room.
© Axiom Message Boards