Axiom Home Page
Posted By: KingofOld Budget Sub for M22? - 12/28/02 01:31 PM
Anyone know of any budget subs that won't hurt the performance of the M22 anymore than a sub should for 150-300 dollars. I really wish I could afford an ep175 or 350 but I don't think I can swing it. Room is about 12x15 and is mostly for home theater not much music, looking for some boom, but I don't need to feel it in the pit of my stomach. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Budget Sub for M22? - 12/31/02 12:34 AM
You puts yer money down, and you gets what you pay for..
There is no substitue for quality, and quality has a price.. That being said, just remember that there is a limit to quality, and paying more for something that doesn't exist is just a waste of your hard earned rubles..
Yes, there are some inexpensive subs on the market, but they are just that.. At best, they have to be played at very low volume, in a very small room.. You would not want to combine them with high end gear.. What would be the point.. You have to match quality with quality, or your sound will suffer.. Would you buy a nice 4 x 4, and then shop for skinny little street tires ?
Save up for the real thing.. Don't ruin your sound with a bargin sub.. It's not worth the time or effort.. Believe me, for I have been there.. Mine is now in the garage, with the lawn mower and paint cans.. (where it belongs)
Posted By: Patchwork Re: Budget Sub for M22? - 12/31/02 09:41 PM
If you plan to not purchase a sub, perhaps you could buy M60's for the added bass?
Posted By: Khara Re: Budget Sub for M22? - 01/04/03 10:42 AM
onkyo's skw 110 is pretty good and only runs for 150US
Posted By: DanTana Re: Budget Sub for M22? - 01/10/03 02:12 PM
Are you good at wood working? If so check these out http://www.northcreekmusic.com/Drivers/Poseidon1.htm otherwise check out Athena's AS-P400 for $400.00 USD.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Budget Sub for M22? - 01/12/03 01:17 AM
Home Theater Forum has an interesting 200+ post regarding the Parts Express DLS sub ($99US).

It's in their Speakers and Subwoofer forum.
© Axiom Message Boards