Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gmorf33 How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/05/07 06:29 AM
So to all you out there who have ordered from the factory outlet.. how long did it take until you actually received them? I'm trying to time when I actually go pick up my new receiver within the week of getting my axioms (don't want to waste any of my 30-day grace period). The ordering page said 3 Week wait time, but I'm curious if it really takes that long or not.

Thanks \:\)
Posted By: a401classic Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/05/07 08:19 AM
My FO speakers came sooner than the indicated time. My longest wait was supposed to be 5 weeks and I believe they arrived in 3-1/2. Youll get tracking numbers to monitor so you should have plenty of notice to time the arrival of a receiver.

BTW the FO speakers were nearly flawless.

Enjoy your system!

Scott
Posted By: alexadams77 Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/05/07 11:56 AM
My m60 from the FO were flawless as well. I couldn't find a single blemish with them at all.

gmorf33, I would call Axiom and tell them your situation, they are very understanding and have the best Costumer Service I've ever seen in a company. They could possibly make your speakers and just hold on to them until you tell them to deliver them. Make the call, they are all friendly people there.
Posted By: Mojo Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/05/07 05:31 PM
I've heard that some have received their FO speakers within a week. Alex is right. Give them a call.
Posted By: jakewash Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/05/07 05:32 PM
My first purchase took less than a week the second was just over a week.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/05/07 05:59 PM
take the average week estimate of all your products, and subtract a week. Both times ordering from the outlet, my speakers arrive a week sooner than expected.
Posted By: JohnGalt Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/05/07 08:08 PM
Mine were supposed to take two weeks to ship but they actually arrived in approximately that time frame.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/06/07 12:26 AM
I would also say to take a week off the average, so you may see them in 2 weeks or sooner. \:\)

You should have a hard time finding anything wrong with them. \:\)
Posted By: gmorf33 Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/06/07 12:26 AM
Sweet, sounds like they will be here earlier than I thought. I didn't know if i'd be able to wait 3+ weeks and survive!
Posted By: dankathym Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/10/07 04:49 AM
When I ordered my M60s from the outlet it took the 2 weeks exactly. But I just ordered my VP150 and 3 QS8s that also had a 2 week wait on Sunday and I got an email today (Friday) saying they shipped. Needless to say, I am very pleased =)

Dan
Posted By: gmorf33 Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/19/07 11:58 PM
They scheduled to ship on the 21st... feels like i've been waiting an eternity! lol.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/20/07 12:34 AM
remind me again, when and what did you order?
Posted By: gmorf33 Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/21/07 11:42 PM
2 M60's, 1 VP150, 2 QS8's

No confirmation email today \:\( With the holiday weekend it probably won't head for the shipping dock until Monday or Tuesday \:\(
Posted By: jakewash Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/21/07 11:58 PM
Holiday weekend? Only for you folks south of the 49th.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/22/07 12:21 AM
received my confirmation number from axiom.

My speakers are in route via purolator. Once they reach the border they will transfer over to dhl and head to good ol' oklahoma.

DHL will be shut down thanksgiving, I assume everything will resume again friday.

I expect my speakers to depart the border friday, and arrive sometime early to mid of next week at the latest!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/22/07 12:57 AM
Sounds like you will be in a waiting-for-my-speakers stupor for a few days! Try to sleep it off! \:\)
Posted By: terzaghi Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/22/07 02:04 AM
tell me about it! I have already hooked up my receiver/components, set up my av rack, ran all of my speakerwire, toyed with the denon gui for a few hours, programmed the remote ect... I am out of things to do to pass time!

Now I need to decide how high to place my rear surrounds. my couch is against the back wall and I will be placing my surrounds on the back wall near the corners a bit. I think I may place them at about 5' because Ibought two 5 foot sticks of cable mate cable hider to go from the base board to the speaker... does that sound to high?

Posted By: EFalardeau Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/22/07 02:28 AM
Too high? You or the speakers? \:\)

I have my side surrounds 2.5 feet above ear level and my rear about 1 feet above. I used to have them higher, but they now add more presence that way in my setup.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/26/07 01:39 AM
My speakers have come this far:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geo...258789&z=6&om=1

only 270 miles between me and my speakers now \:\)
Posted By: alan Re: How long for Factory Outlet to ship? - 11/26/07 03:33 PM
Hi terzaghi,

My Axiom colleague (AmieC) and I were working on the newsletter and she came up with a line about "the agony of the wait" for FO shipping.

About the QS8 height: When customers ask me, I usually say "from 2 feet to 5 feet above ear level," but I hate generalizing like that. The QS8s are quite forgiving of placement asymmetry--they don't need to be at identical heights--however, I encourage you to try a couple of stepladders (or an able assistant) to temporarily position the QS8s at different heights to see if you have a preference. It's certainly room-dependent and you may prefer the surround field with them at a particular height. In my own rectangular living room, one is about 10 inches higher than the other, and somewhat farther forward, with no discernible ill effects.

Regards,
© Axiom Message Boards