Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi hiding wires - 11/20/07 05:08 AM
I ran my speaker wire for my surrounds under the carpet along the baseboards. I have to bring the cable up the wall to my QS8's (on the outside of the wall where it will be visable) Anyone know where I can find something to hide the wires on the wall. Maybe something similar to what is in this pic:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/images/wof/ditcin.jpg

Thanks
Posted By: Ajax Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 05:16 AM
Try CableOrganizers.com.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 05:20 AM
thanks, after posting I acutally decided to search for it on google (out of order i know)
I found the same site.

I then found out they were called cable raceways, and was able to find them at lowes.

thanks
Posted By: Haoleb Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 06:08 AM
why not just cut a hole behind the speaker, run the wire in the wall, and then put a wallplate at the bottom of the wall. Would be pretty simple.
Posted By: jakewash Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 09:49 AM
I believe terzaghi is renting. The less holes the better
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 11:22 AM
Totally off topic: aren't those M80s and the EP-600 just a bit close to stuff?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 12:56 PM
yes jakewash is correct, I am renting my house.
Posted By: jakewash Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 03:33 PM
I just noticed the Jeff Wayne's WOTW book in the book shelf. I drove my wife nuts on long road trips with thattape then CD once it became available.
Posted By: Worfzara Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 08:34 PM
I read a review somewhere that if the 600 is too close to the m80's the 600 woofer will vibrate very loudly, like a washing machine that doesn't have a balanced load.

The M80's is a pretty large speakers, but they look like shrimps next to the 600.

Paul
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 08:44 PM
Ian answered about that review and it sounded that it was caused by the use of speaker output for the sub instead of sub-out, but I don't remember more than that!
Posted By: Mojo Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 09:14 PM
It was caused by using the high level inputs on the sub. When someone slammed a door, the air pressure on the M80 cones caused the cones to move, which generated a signal out over the M80s speaker wires to the 600. This caused the 600 to moan and groan, causing more sound pressure that the 80s picked up hence creating positive feedback. The result was 80s and 600 groaning and moaning together in an orgiastic cacophony of electroacoustic exchange.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 09:36 PM
Yeah, I remember now. It was because they were daisy-chained instead of using a A/B paralel connector on the AMP.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: hiding wires - 11/20/07 09:36 PM
 Quote:
orgiastic cacophony of electroacoustic exchange

I couldn't have said it with more linguistic onanism myself.
Posted By: jfdawson Re: hiding wires - 11/21/07 02:38 AM
FYI.. They sell Raceway at lowes and Home Depot along with T and L cuts. You could hide the wires with that and just paint it the same color as the wall. Look in the Electrical section... They have a section with TV antenna's/remote controls, etc.. the raceway is close to those items on the same isle.

- Jeff
Posted By: terzaghi Re: hiding wires - 11/21/07 02:47 AM
cool I will check it out. Lowes online had it but supposedly the stores near me did not have it.

I'll probably check it out for my self to make sure though.
© Axiom Message Boards