Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Terry55 No Center Speaker - 12/03/07 05:04 PM
These are my speakers, two m22, two m2s, and a sub.
I was thinking using two fronts two rears w/o a center, my question is if im watching a dolby 5.1 movie what happens to the material that is designiated for the center channel ?
Posted By: hybrid Re: No Center Speaker - 12/03/07 05:24 PM
If you go into the setup of your receiver and set it up for no center then they will go to your main speakers
Posted By: Hutzal Re: No Center Speaker - 12/03/07 05:40 PM
Terry,

With your current speaker setup, I would recommend you use them as just that, 2 mains, and 2 surrounds.

However, just to eliminate any confusion, your "rear" surrounds as you put it, should be to the sides of your listening position, or maybe 1-2 feet behind your couch on the sides) and aimed to the sweet seating position.

I would not recommend putting them behind your couch on a back wall or something, you will not be getting the full experience you should be getting.
Posted By: Terry55 Re: No Center Speaker - 12/03/07 05:43 PM
exactly what i needed once again
thanks
Posted By: SirQuack Re: No Center Speaker - 12/04/07 03:51 AM
Yep, by using phantom mode, your left/right mains will handle the center dialog. If you have your left/right speakers setup correctly, the center dialog will appear to be coming from the dead center position between the two.

Now keep in mind, the only person that will receive the best experience will be the center seated person. Center imaging will collapse for viewers off to the sides, as you don't truely have a center speaker.
© Axiom Message Boards