Axiom Home Page
Posted By: arcticair Used EPIC 175 - 01/12/08 11:01 PM
http://toronto.craigslist.ca/drh/ele/524242632.html

found this and might grab,(speakers only) its 5 years old and owner said it was only used a few hours a week.

Owner asking $600 but I'll try him for $500

Anyone think its a good deal?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Used EPIC 175 - 01/13/08 08:33 PM
Seems like an excellent price. Will you have to pay shipping or do you live close enough to Whitby to pick 'em up ?
Posted By: arcticair Re: Used EPIC 175 - 01/13/08 10:14 PM
30 min drive, im picking up tonight. I hope the age is not going to affect there sound but the price seems good! A new 175sub is $500
Posted By: jakewash Re: Used EPIC 175 - 01/14/08 02:48 AM
Their age has nothing to do with their sound. My 2003 vintage Axioms sound as good today as when I bought them.....think of all the break in they have had;\)
Posted By: arcticair Re: Used EPIC 175 - 01/14/08 04:32 AM
I got them!! I tried uploading pics but imageshack is down?
First thing i did was disconnect my old tower speakers and connect the M2's .I never expected these little speakers to sound so good! I still cannot belive that the can produce so much base! They sound 100 times better then my old speakers!

I need a little help connecting the SUB to the receiver.
This sub is not like the newer SUB and has different connections.
Here is how they appear on the rear of unit.

1 Volume knob
1 Crossover
Frequency knob
1 Equalization switch
1 Phase Switch
2 LineLevel R+L female type RED&WHITE
4 High Level In Speaker plugs
4 High Level Out Speaker plugs

The rear of my reciever(YAMAHA5660) has a sub,center,rear center,rear surround L+R and mains L+R female type and has the standard speaker plugs for surround sound.
How do i connect the Older version of the EPIC175 SUB?
Posted By: Wid Re: Used EPIC 175 - 01/14/08 04:47 AM

Connect the sub using the sub out on the receiver to the left line level input on the sub. Most cases the signal is summed (combined) in the sub amp. Use the crossover in the receiver and put the crossover on the sub to its highest level. Leave the phase to 0 and adjust the gain (volume) on the sub to match that of the mains i.e. 75db.
Posted By: arcticair Re: Used EPIC 175 - 01/15/08 02:16 AM
Look what i found!

My complete Axiom collection! so far.

Older175SUB Panel?

Older Logo?

Another Find!

© Axiom Message Boards