Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nitrojiber Wow! Finally used Room EQ Wizard software - 01/26/08 10:13 PM
I had a chance to run the Room EQ Wizard software (free over at hometheatershack.com). This is the first time I have taken any 'official' readings, and it was really eye opening.

Unfortunately, I only have one place where I can put the sub in my room. Fortunately, just by turning the sub 90 degrees I got a huge improvement. I never would have thought to try this -- but the graphs don't lie. Check out the difference.

That's a giant sub! What is it?

Interesting that the 90 degree turn would have such an affect. Kudos to simplicity.
Posted By: CV Re: Wow! Finally used Room EQ Wizard software - 01/26/08 10:26 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't have thought that just turning the subwoofer would create such a drastic improvement. Nice job.
Maybe Epik Castle?

Features:
Enclosure dimensions: 26H x 18W x 26D inches (27D with grill)
Port: Patented 6 inch flared design
Driver: Custom 15 inch extreme excursion design
Amplifier: Custom 500 watt RMS BASH amplifier
Cabinet: Triple-internally braced, dual thickness baffle super-refined MDF
The sub is an Epik Castle (http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/CastleOverview.html)

I was very surprised by the results, so I took 6 or 7 seven reads -- and they all turned out the same. I guess there is giant 60hz null right at my listening position.
Nice sub. Bet it shakes the house!
 Originally Posted By: bugbitten
Nice sub. Bet it shakes the house!

Thanks. Since this is an Axiom forum, I won't go on and on about what great sub it is (I am sure the Axiom subs are great too) -- but the Epiks are an excellent value if you can handle the huge size. The 15" woofer is surprisingly musical and 'tight'.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Wow! Finally used Room EQ Wizard software - 01/27/08 03:19 AM
Very good result, nitro! I'd suspect that it wasn't rotation as such that caused the improvement, but the fact that it brought the center of the subwoofer cone closer to the wall behind and farther from the sidewall so that the cancellations didn't coincide, and the back wall instead gave a boost.
Cool!
© Axiom Message Boards