Axiom Home Page
Posted By: turbo16v MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/23/08 03:30 PM
anyone ever use monoprice 12AWG Enhanced Loud speaker wire or their premium RCA Cable line?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/23/08 04:06 PM
Many of us use monoprice interconnects and speaker wire, very good quality and a price that is hard to pass up.
Posted By: pickupmykeys Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/23/08 04:49 PM
All of my cables and speaker wire came from Monoprice...12AWG Enhanced Loud speaker wire, HDMI, optical & sub.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/23/08 05:24 PM
Monoprice is indeed an excellent place to buy good quality audio accessories for good prices. They ship to US and Canada which is a plus.
No problems with returns IME.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/23/08 09:20 PM
12g wire (and 14g if you would rather) are available at Home Depot as well. Can be cut to length or purchased on bulk rolls.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/24/08 12:29 AM
I see monoprice is now selling In Wall speakers.

Monoprice InWall Speakers
Posted By: DaveG Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/24/08 12:41 PM
I got my speaker wire HDMI, subwoofer and optical cable from monoprice. They have great prices and excellent service.
Posted By: blackstar79 Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/24/08 04:01 PM
have 12awg monoprice for all my speakers and they work very well and just got myself some premium RCA cables to use for my SACD player and of course sound great too, connections were nice and tight.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/25/08 03:21 PM
I Heart Monoprice.
Posted By: vassillios Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/25/08 05:50 PM
I got my surround wire from monoprice, great product.
Posted By: Monoman Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/26/08 10:47 PM
I bought my HDMI cables from them. Great service and great prices.
Posted By: noob_from_Georgi Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 01:03 AM
I agree with an earlier poster.... I <3 MonoPrice!!!! \:\)

I stopped buying over priced brand name cables a couple of years ago and switched to MonoPrice. I don't have the 12 AWG cables but I did purchase a couple of their HDMI cables along with several pairs of composite and RCA cable sets and I totally love them and their quality. In each example (HDMI, RCA or composite) the cable ends were gold plated, shielded and as thick if not thicker than the equivalent Monster brand. The notable exception for the Monoprice cables were the price.

I'm not an expert, and according to my Internet research, their are some caveats when you get to very long run cables (30-35'.) Otherwise the osci tests I saw showed little or no different between the MonoPrice cables and stupid Monster cables.

IMHO, Monoprice is for the win .........
Posted By: cw_racefan Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 03:43 PM
Can't say regarding quality yet, but I just got 200' of 12awg from monoprice, and it was quite a bit cheaper than HD even with shipping.
Posted By: F16Thud Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 04:17 PM
I would buy Axiom "Speaker Wire" before I would by Monoprice.

My friends and I have purchased at least 10 HDMI (Product ID 3661) cables from monoprice in the last several months on my recommendation and they have all loved the cable! I was skeptical at first but the picture/sound spoke for itself!

Mike
Posted By: aham23 Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 04:45 PM
+1000 on the hearting of monoprice.

all my calbes except for 100' of speaker wire that i absolutely needed ASAP came from them.

the service, the price, the delievery, the packaging, it was all top notch. my grand total was likely less then what it would cost me to get ONE 20' run of HDMI from the big box stores.

later.
Posted By: Bennett_Marco Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 04:54 PM
A place like monoprice makes you wonder how we ever got talked into believing that you should spend hundreds on cables in the first place.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 04:55 PM
Marketing is a powerful thing. Ever considered buying Bose anything?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 05:06 PM
I bought a Bose system. Luckily, my car was included with the speakers.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 05:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy

damn salesman!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 05:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: Hutzal

damn salesman!

\:D
Posted By: jakewash Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 08:34 PM
The system can be replaced, we have the technology...
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 09:43 PM
Actually, I don't find it too bad. It's not like I'm doing any serious listening in the car. Shoot, my previous car was a 1969 VW Bug that had no radio. I spent alot of time singing to myself. So, I,m pretty happy with anything that makes noise.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 10:12 PM
It's a pain to replace a Bose car system. You have to replace the speakers, amps, and head unit. The amps are actually located near the speakers. The head unit is just a pre-amp.

And I agree, compared to many factory audio systems I've heard, I really like the Bose system in my car.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/27/08 10:21 PM
My subwoofer is located in my spare tire in the trunk. Fits right into the rim. Don't know exactly how it works--a bolt goes right through the middle of it securing it in place.
Posted By: JohnK Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 02:57 AM
Yeah Sean, we must have bought our Bose systems at about the same time, because they threw in a car with mine, too! What's really weird is the way it wound up, I actually like the car better than the Bose! Bose disappointed me by taking the cheap way out and not including a couple of essentials, i.e. Monster cables and wires and a separate "high-end" DAC for the player.

Actually, as Peter mentioned, it sounds quite good for a car audio system. My car is designed for performance, not a deadly quiet interior which makes for a great listening venue, and no way would I tear things out and spend maybe thousands for some subtle improvements that couldn't be heard most of the time anyway.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 04:43 AM
John, now you have us all curious about what kind of car it is. Naturally, you did this on purpose, Mr. Mystery.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 04:47 AM
Ken, if it helps you out, I drive a Ferrari.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 05:02 AM
And I drive a McLaren F1.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 05:56 AM
Yeah, and sometimes I let my supermodel girlfriend sit in my car.
Posted By: ptRyno Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 06:13 AM
Just installed a bose system into my Bugatti Veyron, but for some reason I can't hear much hauling 250 down I80. Maybe an A1400 is in need.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 06:31 AM
It's a Mazda MX-5. You obviously don't have the recall of JohnK. (And no, I didn't search for that.)
Posted By: JohnK Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 06:55 AM
Bingo!
Posted By: jakewash Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 09:52 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
It's a pain to replace a Bose car system. You have to replace the speakers, amps, and head unit. The amps are actually located near the speakers. The head unit is just a pre-amp.

And I agree, compared to many factory audio systems I've heard, I really like the Bose system in my car.
Was this an upgrade from a standard system?

I do remember a friend having a mid 80's Camaro with a Bose system(I think) and as has been eluded to, sounded quite good for an automotive system.

I have always gone for the cheapest audio systems as the extra cash can be spent on much better products in the aftermarket and it's a lot easier to remove a radio and speakers than trying to remove all the individual parts they stuff into the wierdest of places. I usually just wait till the speakers start to crackle then upgrade those first, then move on from there if I still own the vehicle.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: MonoPrice.com 12 AWG? - 02/28/08 12:35 PM
My current vehicle of choice is a snowblower.
© Axiom Message Boards