Axiom Home Page
Posted By: myrison Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/19/08 02:12 PM
Non-HG owners, snicker away, I can take it. ;\)

Those of you who do enjoy the beauty of HG in your own home... how do you clean your speakers? Damp rag, Windex, Turtle Wax? \:\)

I need to buff mine up... they're full of greasy fingerprints after all of the screwing around I've done with them since the install. Need to get them back to looking 'cherry.' \:D

Jason
Posted By: Amie Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/19/08 04:20 PM
Definitely not turtle wax! LOL!

The best thing is a dry cloth - microfibre or very soft cotton / flannel. This avoids any streaking. Add a little elbow grease and you're done!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 12:40 AM
I would not think you would use wax. Just use a swiffer cloth, or other soft cloth, possibly slightly dampened.
Posted By: myrison Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 02:58 AM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
I would not think you would use wax. Just use a swiffer cloth, or other soft cloth, possibly slightly dampened.

The wax was a joke... are my jokes really that bad? \:o

On a side note, no cleaning necessary yet as we have new carpet being put in the media room tomorrow due to a defect we found after we moved in... which means everything has to be unhooked and moved out of the room to avoid having one of the carpeters knock over a speaker, etc... If I cleaned them today, after that experience I'm sure they'd be even dirtier than when they started... what a pain. \:\( Please play your violins for me. ;\)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 04:23 AM
I use a clean microfiber cloth. Costco has a pack of 30 or something like that for i think 12 bucks if there is one in your area. \:\) You'll have to polish them once every couple weeks to keep them looking their best. But thats just me.
Posted By: Blue Grass Man Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 10:57 AM
I use cloth gloves when I touch or move my HG M-80s. The lazy man's way.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 11:41 AM
When moving my speakers, I use a full-body condom. And I don't even have high gloss.
Posted By: myrison Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 12:31 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
When moving my speakers, I use a full-body condom. And I don't even have high gloss.

Does Costco sell those too? If so, I like that idea... better safe than sorry.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 02:14 PM
Make sure to get the non-lubricated kind unless you want to leave slug trails.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 05:50 PM
You can find anything on the internets.

Here's Mark goofing off after moving his speakers:

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/20/08 06:00 PM
With that, Mark will never get his little Audiobytes. Shame.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Cleaning / Polishing HG Cherry - 03/21/08 02:07 AM
You guys are really somthin' else... \:D
© Axiom Message Boards