Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DougTheDog How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/25/08 07:03 AM
Well after months of coming to this site and just looking at the pictures I finally bit the bullet last Thursday and made the purchase. I went with the Epic 60.500 7.1 Boston Cherry (love the HG Cherry but the wallet did not)

I can hardly wait for these freakin things of beauty to arrive. I could not find info on the time frame for shipping I think I read on here around three weeks, does this sound right?

These Axioms are the last piece in my revamped set up. Nothing special like some of the setups you guys have - Sony KDS 60A3000, Onkyo 805, Sony BDP-S1 and now the awsome Epic 60.500 7.1. Thanks for the great info on the forums, I am sure I will be coming back here for some setup tweaks and such.

My current setup is
Welcome to the boards and congrats on the new puchase, you are going to love the new system. 3 weeks sounds right from the factory outlet, but many have received them much sooner.
Sounds like quite a good final touch for your system. You will not regret this!
Posted By: DaveG Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/25/08 11:50 AM
Welcome and congrats on the purchase of your speakers I am sure you will enjoy them.
too bad you couldn't have ordered your speakers a few weeks ago when they had the free promo upgrade to high gloss cherry!

I don't think that promo applied to the factory outlet though.

Enjoy your speakers!

I hooked up my new deno 3808, ran all of my wires, played with the denon GUI, and basically posted on the forum a lot to pass the time
Posted By: Murph Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/25/08 12:32 PM
Very nice system. The wait is the hardest part. You can pass the time by reading audio forums but somehow that just makes the wait worse.

Enjoy!
Nice to have another Midwest member. \:\)
Posted By: grunt Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/25/08 11:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: OmahaBlu

I can hardly wait for these freakin things of beauty to arrive.

Welcome! I couldn’t stand it so much that I signed up for a six week tour of duty in Turkey. A little drastic but the Axiom’s were a great homecoming present.
Posted By: myrison Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/26/08 01:49 AM
Omaha - Hello from a fellow Nebraskan. I've migrated south to Texas now, but still a Husker at heart. \:\)

As for the waiting, I'm with you... waiting for my Axiom sub now... it's no easier than waiting for the rest of the system a month ago. I keep asking myself why I didn't just order the 600 from the get go. Doh!
Whoa...thanks for all the welcomes. I think this is going to be a nice little community and I am sure I will benefit from all the knowledge here. I also got another surprise today. An email from Noreen!! \:\) I got a Fedex tracking number and everything. I don’t think it’s the whole order though, the Fedex info says it is only 27 pounds. Not sure what that would be, but at least it is a start.
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Nice to have another Midwest member. \:\)

Thanks and I am going to do my best to spread the Axiom word around these parts.
Posted By: myrison Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/26/08 02:16 AM
 Originally Posted By: OmahaBlu
I don’t think it’s the whole order though, the Fedex info says it is only 27 pounds. Not sure what that would be, but at least it is a start.

Make sure you're not looking at just the "Master Tracking Number." With my FedEx shipment about 2 weeks ago, I had to click down into the "Master number" to see all of the individual packages with their weight, status, location, etc. Maybe it's all on the way?!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/26/08 02:19 AM
Heh... if you've already got a tracking number, I don't want to hear it. ;\) My sub hasn't even been manufactured yet.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy!
 Originally Posted By: myrison
Omaha - Hello from a fellow Nebraskan. I've migrated south to Texas now, but still a Husker at heart. \:\)

As for the waiting, I'm with you... waiting for my Axiom sub now... it's no easier than waiting for the rest of the system a month ago. I keep asking myself why I didn't just order the 600 from the get go. Doh!

myrison - Your great avatar was on of the first things I noticed when I started checking these boards. I figured if Axiom are good for one Husker fan I am sure they will be great for me.

I checked the tracking number again and it did not appear as though I could click on it like it was a master number. I am assuming this is just the first of a few shipments. Maybe a set of QS8s or the VP150. At any rate at least they made it across the border and are already in Buffalo.
bummer, all of mine came as one shipment.
I read the original post three times (though I haven't had coffee yet) and I don't see where this was factory outlet....

If it wasn't, the wait is more typically three days, not weeks...
To bad you didn't head over to Des Moines, 2hrs, to audition my Axioms. \:\) There is a few people in the Des Moines area, and I know a guy that lives around Council Bluffs...
Posted By: fredk Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/26/08 07:13 PM
27lbs. One qs8? That would be deliciously cruel.

"Hey guys, I got my speaker today and it sounds... just... great?"

I am betting it is the whole shipment, quite often the first box weight is listed as the shipment weight.
Posted By: myrison Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/26/08 07:32 PM
That's my vote too...

To Fred's comment though, my system did get separated coming through customs. Fortunately though, I got the M80s, VP150, and one QS8 in the first shipment. The rest came the next afternoon. For one day though, I had a killer 4.1 setup!
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
I am betting it is the whole shipment, quite often the first box weight is listed as the shipment weight.

That would be the best scenerio by far, guess I will know Friday. Man I hope you guys are right, I will let you know.
Posted By: JohnK Re: How did you guys handle the wait.....??? - 03/28/08 02:03 AM
Blu, relax and you'll soon be enjoying great sound.
© Axiom Message Boards