Axiom Home Page
Posted By: clemmons Mounting QS8s - 02/21/03 08:40 PM
When you mount the QS8s with the included bracket, where does the speaker wire go, since the speaker is flush with the wall? Should I use a slide-in single-gang plastic electrical box, so the wire has a place to live?

Note: I have not installed the speaker wire yet, so I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
David
Posted By: CAV104 Re: Mounting QS8s - 02/21/03 09:14 PM
If memory serves, the QS8 when mounted will stand off the wall approximately 1/4" giving you enough clearance for the speaker wire if it is exposed. If you are running your wire inside the wall a small thru-wall penetration at the connectors will sufice. If you are surface mounting the wire there are plenty of products on the market to conceal it. Wiremold is one of them. Check with your local Home Improvment Center. I would also recommend a couple of self-adhesive rubber buttons applied to the lower portion of the back of the speakers.

CAV104
Posted By: ralderman Re: Mounting QS8s - 02/24/03 03:08 AM
Here's what I did. I placed the mounts on a piece of Oak and mounted it to the wall. I had some left over from a bathroom remodel. It's very sturdy, and you can't even tell that the speakers are off the wall. I wanted to use the hole in the center as the hole for the wire, but that didn't work. http://gmpexpress.net/~ralderman/theater.htm
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Mounting QS8s - 02/24/03 03:29 AM
That's exactly what I did for my three QS8's. It worked like a charm.
Posted By: Pinoy Re: Mounting QS8s - 02/24/03 04:28 PM
I used bare wire which I connected to the speaker posts before hooking up the QS8's to the bracket. I inserted the wire slack (about 2 feet) back to the hole on the wall. When done, the QS8's are on the wall without any visible wire.
© Axiom Message Boards