Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bluray White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/13/08 06:36 PM
What would you guys think of eggshell white grills on wood finish (either synthetic or real) speakers? I doubt anyone reading this has it. Well, maybe someone over the years chose it. I'm sick of the typical black/charcoal look, and I'm not entirely happy with the tan/gold/sienna choices. Yeah, yeah, these color threads (here and on auto forums!) can be annoying as it all comes down to personal preference. Still, I appreciate the input.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/13/08 06:41 PM
There is someone who has white grills on one of the custom vinyl finishes (wood). It looks pretty good, like those old Advents. I can't remember who, and I don't think they're active any more, but do a search on white grill QS8s, you might come up with something. I think they were sorrel pear, that might help.
Posted By: grunt Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/13/08 06:41 PM
Pick out a speaker you want to look at and click on the “More Finishes” link and you can see what a wood speaker with a white grill will look like. Not sure if this example will show correctly here’s a try:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/customstudio.html?prodCode=M80VS

Could look nice in a white room.
Posted By: bluray Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/13/08 06:53 PM
I ordered a sample (HG Cherry w/ Eggshell White grills). Worth $10 to test my notion about what I will like! Still, please weigh in with your thoughts.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/13/08 06:53 PM
Nope, goes to defaults, but it's easy enough to work one up.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/13/08 06:55 PM
Or not, I can't find anything.
Posted By: bluray Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/13/08 06:55 PM
Grunt, thanks for the suggestion. I do like the way it looks online.
Posted By: Amie Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/15/08 05:14 PM
Wasn't it white grilles on vermont maple? Dwell Magazine featured the customer's house and there were neat pictures of his QS8s sporting the white grilles. His home was retro-style and the whole thing turned out very well indeed - blended beautifully.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/15/08 05:29 PM
Probably was, although I remember them as being slightly orange-ish.
No idea if it's any help, but here are white grills on the "light maple" vinyl finish...

Click for a much larger version

Click for a much larger version(was hard to get them in frame with a ~50mm effective lens on the camera)

They looked better when I was using silver stands. I don't normally keep the grills on anymore.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/16/08 12:53 PM
Very Nice Madman!!!!
Posted By: grunt Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/17/08 01:26 AM
Sweet looking setup Madman!
Posted By: bluray Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/17/08 04:28 AM
What an inviting setup. Grills create a perfect look with your light colored shelving. I think these grills should be a standard choice with white maple in place of "Band Aid" (while I make fun of it now, I actually chose it on a pair of M2s a few years ago).
Posted By: DaveG Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/17/08 10:58 AM
Very nice set-up.
Posted By: HAY Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/21/08 03:34 AM
Let's not forget about this custom grills...

Custom Grill Post

Posted By: fredk Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/21/08 04:30 AM
Groovy maaan!
Posted By: DaveG Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/21/08 12:14 PM
Those grills grab your attention.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: White grills with wood finish speakers? - 09/21/08 02:36 PM
What grills?
In some kind of weird "personal statement" way, those totally work. Not saying I'd get them, but I like people who have the vision for this sort of stuff.
© Axiom Message Boards