Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 80'sMan Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/28/08 03:18 PM
Hello. Minor question but curious. My VP100-v2 center channel speaker cabinet and grille have allowences for 6 fasteners, but only uses 4. Also the the grill only has the corner fastener snaps but empty spots for them in the middle.
Is something missing here or is this normal?
Thanks.

Axiom's website pic . . .

My pics . . .

Posted By: jakewash Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/28/08 03:25 PM
my vp100 has just the four like in Axiom's pic but it is ~5 years old.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/28/08 04:14 PM
Likewise.
Posted By: alan Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/28/08 09:48 PM
Hi 80's man,

That is the oddest picture. Are you sure you didn't do a little Photoshopping? Plus, the extra holes are assymmetrical. Weird. Maybe it was built after a party at the plant! (just kidding. .)

I've never seen a VP100 that looks like that. Did you get it from the Factory Outlet?

I'll send this on to a couple of guys at the plant and see if they can figure it out.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 01:30 AM
Hmmm... the plot thickens.
Posted By: myrison Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 02:10 AM
I love the theory that it happened after a party at the plant. (even though it was a joke, it gave me a good laugh thinking about what kind of mischief could happen in such a situation) \:\)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 02:16 AM
Looks like someone thought they were doing a shorter VP150 (which has 8 holes) and ran out of space...
Posted By: myrison Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 02:21 AM
That's what it looks like to me too. If it was a FO speaker, that'd make sense. Either that or it slipped through quality control on the way out! ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 03:02 AM
Someone had a little to much Elsinore beer.
Posted By: 80'sMan Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 03:23 AM
Regarding party in plant . . . where can I send my resume!
I absolutly LOVE my Axioms. That's probably why I noticed. I keep staring at the darn things, admiring their appearance and audio qualities.
And like I mentioned earlier, it's only a curiosity. It, in no way, has any effect on any function of the speaker.
Here are the two pics enlarged . . .
Larger Speaker Pic
Larger Grill Pic
Posted By: alan Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 02:05 PM
Hi 80's man,

My face is red. Apologies for suggesting that you Photoshopped the image. Axiom changed its production on the grille attachments, so I'm about to get an update as to when that occurred from Cass (Cassandra) at the factory who will look it up on her computer.

Can we all stand the suspense?

Alan
Posted By: 80'sMan Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 02:52 PM
No apologies necessary. \:\)
I'll settle for a pair of EP800's! ;\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 05:47 PM
I was about to blame termites. Termites who cover their tracks with hole grommets.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 06:21 PM
Gromit, we have a problem.
Posted By: alan Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/29/08 09:55 PM
Hi all,

This just in: We changed the grille mounting from 4-pin to off-center 6-pin on our VP100 center channels on June 08/2006.

Regards,

Alan
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/30/08 12:12 AM
So he has a vp100 with 6 holes and a vp100 grill with only 4 post thingies?
Posted By: fredk Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/30/08 01:52 AM
Oooooh! a custom job.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/30/08 04:45 AM
When, oh when, will Axiom make the move to magnet grilles on ALL their speakers?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/30/08 05:25 AM
Nevar!
Posted By: Murph Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/30/08 11:55 AM
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi

Collector's Edition! It's rarity makes it invaluable.

Beware of the copycat fakes that are bound to pop up everywhere.
Posted By: 80'sMan Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/30/08 05:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi

Collector's Edition! It's rarity makes it invaluable.

Beware of the copycat fakes that are bound to pop up everywhere.

Your right!!!! Never mind my comment about the 2 EP800's. I'll keep this great little center channel speaker.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Center Channel Grill Cover Fasteners - 10/30/08 05:14 PM
This should be added to the list of anniversaries in the forum's calendar! \:\)
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
When, oh when, will Axiom make the move to magnet grilles on ALL their speakers?

Seconded!
© Axiom Message Boards