Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian Comparing Surround Speakers... - 01/12/09 10:04 PM
Has anyone been able to compare Axiom QS8s to comparable Monitor Audio RSFX surrounds or with Paradigms ADP 390/590 surrounds. I realize this is far more difficult than comparing towers which are easier to A/B test. I haven't found to much info and my only testing with surrounds will be done by memory. Anyone able to do so, or have any input? I've read the great reviews on the QS8s but there seems less info on the Paradigms and the Mon As. Tks in advance guys (and gals).
Posted By: jakewash Re: Comparing Surround Speakers... - 01/12/09 10:10 PM
I've heard the Paradigm 390s, all I can say is they are good but I liked the sound from the QS8s better, especially for music. The 390s just seemed off, not sure what I didn't like, it was awhile ago, all I remember is thinking they just didn't sound right to me while listening to some concert DVD's.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Comparing Surround Speakers... - 01/12/09 10:15 PM
Tks Jay, the 390s are actually in the Monitor series where the 590s ($$) are in the Studio series. Haven't heard the 590s but heard the 390s with Monitor 11s up front. They seemed well timbre matched but I would think the 590s being Studio versions would be more detailed though twice the $$.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Comparing Surround Speakers... - 01/12/09 10:25 PM
That could be why I listened to the 390s, knowing I wouldn't fork out the money for the 590's. \:\)
Posted By: doormat Re: Comparing Surround Speakers... - 01/14/09 04:38 AM
I can tell you that the QS8s definitely blow the ADP 190s out of the water.
© Axiom Message Boards