Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Stain Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 01:12 AM
Woohooo!! Got a shipping notice for my order. The shipment is currently in Buffalo, and should arrive on Friday. I can't wait, but I leave for 3 weeks starting Sunday . Maybe I'll leave work early Friday so I can get a full day and a half with them before leaving.

I did have a question: I ordered 2 x M80s, 2 x vp150s, 2 x QS8s, 1 x EP350, and 2 x stands. Tracking info is showing 1 package weighing 12 pounds. Either Axiom has come up with a new packaging technique, or has not all of the items shipped? Anyone else have this issue? Should I just disregard the shipping weight and package numbers?

I hope everything gets here before I leave
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 01:43 AM
Congrats! I think I had the same issue with my first Axiom order 5 years ago, and everything arrived at the same time. Noreen at Axiom explained it once, so no worry.

Just curious, why 2 vp150's?

Hope you get them by Friday also. \:\)
Posted By: Stain Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 01:50 AM
oops typo. only got 1 vp150
Posted By: merchman Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 02:07 AM
You have a great system on it's way. Be sure to post back to let us know what you think. Congrats and enjoy! \:\)
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 02:10 AM
Welcome Stain,

According to the tracking notice it might only show one package but in fact the entire order is shipped.

Congrats! \:\)
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 02:33 AM
I noticed the same thing with my pair of QS8s. The shipping weight for the tracking number I was giving was the amount of just one speaker. When the delivery arrived I had two separate packages, each with their own FedEx stickers. It seems that the shipping notification e-mail you get only includes one of the many boxes.

My speakers came from Buffalo too, got to me in Maryland real quick. I also liked that I was billed out of Texas, because I pay a surcharge on my card for international purchases.
Posted By: fredk Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 03:46 AM
I hear there is a wicked one day flu going around. ;\)
Posted By: Ascension Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 06:20 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me when they were shipping my 2 out of my 4 qs8's and the EP350. They were only showing weight of one of the qs8 boxes, but I received all 4 boxes at the same time!

Edit: Oh Yeah! I hope you enjoy your speakers, you have one heck of a setup there!!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 07:59 PM
There have been too many replies so far for me to try "They fill the boxes with helium to reduce shipping costs" as a viable answer.

Next time.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/24/09 11:22 PM
I can picture it now, the customs agents standing around, popping open all these boxes, inhaling all this helium and talking with Mickey Mouse voices. ::what's in this one?....oooo....somekindagassystuffff::
Posted By: Stain Re: Speakers Shipped!! - 02/25/09 01:24 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
I hear there is a wicked one day flu going around. ;\)

LOL. I might have to use that.
© Axiom Message Boards