Axiom Home Page
I have upgradeitis before I have any axioms to upgrade! To refresh those who have been so helpful...I am one who listens to classical music most exclusively in a room of about 1925 cu ft. But I am also thinking of the future and using speakers in a larger room. For now the best combination for stereo sound suggested by you folks is the M60 with my present sub. Space is limited only by placement of the speakers near the back wall. There is really no room in my present listening venue to place them further out than 1 foot from the back and side wall. I know that this will affect the potential sound performance of the M80 and potentially M60's. And the front of my listening area will be quite crowded with two floor standing speakers and a large sub. In any case what is your opinion of this confined setup with the thought that in the future a better situation may arise? Will I still get wonderful performance given the limitations of placements of the M80's or will M60's be a better choice. A larger room...is down the road.....Lee
The M60's will still play and sound great in a larger room. Depending on how large that room gets you may need to get more wattage into the speakers to attain the same sound level you had in the smaller room.
I wouldn't stress on the 1 foot thing. I think that's about where mine are right now, and I can't say I've noticed a problem.
© Axiom Message Boards