Axiom Home Page
OK, it has only been 11 days since I placed my Factory outlet order for: (2) M80's (2) M60's (1) VP150 (4) QS8's and I am already wanting to start counting the days/hours. I know Brent said 4 weeks was the 'longest' it should take to ship. I roughly figure shipping to CA would be a week. But who can deal with 'rough' estimates with something as important as new speakers! ! ;\)

Some will undoubtedly feel the need to 'talk me down', as Rachel Maddow says. But I really want to hear from you nuts and berries Californians who tracked their F.O. orders via satelite (even down the assembly line!).

Here's a place to help a fellow (almost Axiomite) 'keep a lid on it'. One way to do that is to obsess on something to pass the time. Like "HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU FROM HANGING UP THE PHONE TO HEARING THE UPS GUY RING YOUR DOORBELL! ! !"

Work with me here people.
< takes breath, breathes deeply... must... make... it... to ...
the ... first... reply... gasp! I think I can, I think I can... strangely hears choo choo train in head.. >

Must calm down... must...
I bet if you average the weeks for all the items, that is when you'll get them. \:\)
So what is (4x9)/9?

Randy,you are just a gem. Thanks for that way to figure out exactly when to expect them.
Isn't all Axiom Canadian/Americuhn shipping three days? Or has that changed?

Dave? Ding - Dong!

No...wait! Seriously, it was just me! Yeah, I was teasing you! Really, I'm sorry, du...... Ding - Dong!

Ha Ha! Dude, I'm sorry, it was just me again! Ok, I'll stop!

ding - dong!

OK, I couldn't help myself. Dude, I'm sorry! No more.... I promise!
Ding....... DONG!

::runs away laughing::
errr, Mark! you know that Dave owns a rottweiler don't you.
heh heh, snicker, heh heh, snort, heh heh heh heh
heh heh,

heh heh heh

heh

Mark said "Dong".
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
errr, Mark! you know that Dave owns a rottweiler don't you.

I've been chased by a rottie across HIS yard while carrying two 5-gallon GLASS water bottles. One over my shoulder and one by the neck.

I think I beat him out the back gate by about a foot after he broke though the screen door to come after me. He wasn't playing.

I grew up with dogs, but had a hard time with rotties for a few years after that. I must have sat in the truck for ten minutes before I could even drive.

So.... sorry Dave!

{ding-dong}
Where's the video link? I'm in need of more funnies.
You really want to see video of someone doing laundry?
The brown note was in the wind turbine thread, I thought.
Posted By: davekro A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 08:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Isn't all Axiom Canadian/Americuhn shipping three days? Or has that changed?

Dave? Ding - Dong!

I never was told that. When I asked Brent, he said about a week to Calif. You northern right, er, East coasters are spoiled living so close to Axiom. I do remember reading a long while ago of a guy from Texas very pleased to get his in three days. I just assumed he paid extra for 3rd day shipping.

SO do they ship third day as a matter of practice?

And Mark... ding dong, how long from order to shipping did your FO speakers take? ;o)

I have a 9 lb toy fox terrier, affenpinscher, plus more misc. He is VERY protective of his papa, so watch out. I may send you one of those New Hamshire bears I hear of on the radio. Oh, no wait, I just saw on Craig's list I can get a grissly or kodiak bear shipped to Concord, NH!

I love the story of the two guys surprised by a grizzly. One screams.. .RUN! The other guy, while running says you can't outrun a grizzly. The 'friend' yells back, "I don't have to outrun the bear, just you!" \:D

Moral... Mark, ALWAYS hang out with slow friends! ( I don't mean Tom or Fred though ;o)
Posted By: jakewash Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 09:13 AM
The shipping times has more to do with the courier companies(not mis-sorting) and customs than Axiom.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 11:48 AM
That's strange... I really thought I remembered that Axiom was once "three days" to anywhere in the U.S. or Canada, but Jay has been here longer than me!
Posted By: Wid Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 12:07 PM

I believe your right Mark.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 12:09 PM
Whew!

I was afraid all that crack I do was catching up to me!
Posted By: Wid Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 12:10 PM

I think it has, you just got lucky this time \:\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 12:10 PM

Posted By: medic8r Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 05:34 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I was afraid all that crack I do was catching up to me!

I heard that 1 in 3 photographers iz on drugz also:

Posted By: jakewash Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 05:37 PM
I said it had more to do with the companies because they all pretty much state shipping is 3 days coast to coast, cross border included, but all it takes is one slip up and you get to add one day for every mis-sort.
Posted By: davekro Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 09:11 PM
Jay, Mark, et al.
I always thought the standard (cheapest) ground rate for UPS and Fed X was about 5 business days from coast to coast. Are you guys saying:
1) No, the standard cheapest ground is only THREE days, coast to coast? ( I don't recall that being the case in my experience)

2) Axiom pays extra for 3rd day air via UPS, Fed Ex or what ever carrier they use? If this is the case, Jay's statement that it is three days unless it misses a transfer somewhere, would fit.

Re-reading Jay's post, it seems he believes it is #1. Hmmmmn...
Posted By: davekro Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/20/09 09:15 PM
OK, Shipping time aside, as it will be what it will be, How long did it take from when you ordered for your FO's to SHIP...

That is the bottom line question. I have heard 'general statements' that it can be sooner. Good, but what was 'your' experience?

Mark, with your crack history, you are excused from being expected to remember, well, even your own name actually. ;\)

Crack issue? Did you work with Joe the plumber? \:D
Posted By: jakewash Re: A bear comin' your way, dude! ;o) - 03/21/09 09:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: davekro

I always thought the standard (cheapest) ground rate for UPS and Fed X was about 5 business days from coast to coast. Are you guys saying:
1) No, the standard cheapest ground is only THREE days, coast to coast? ( I don't recall that being the case in my experience)
No you are right, The cheapest is ground usually 4-5 days.
It is just my understanding and experience that the shipments generally make it cross country via ground in 2 - 3 days and add one more for final processing and delivery, if the shipment makes it in 2 then you could theoretically have it delivered on the 3rd day. Purolator up here is generaly 4 or less, especially on Friday shipped items. It will be there by Monday AM.{hint, hint} or at least in the recent past this has been the case. Most times Fed Ex Ground and UPS Ground do take the full 5 days. Although I have had them deliver in 3 or 4.

Quote:
(.2) Axiom pays extra for 3rd day air via UPS, Fed Ex or what ever carrier they use? If this is the case, Jay's statement that it is three days unless it misses a transfer somewhere, would fit.

Pretty much anything shipped air by UPS, FED EX and Purolator is for overnight shipments, not 3 days and boy do you pay for it.
© Axiom Message Boards