Axiom Home Page
Posted By: shag M80's and receivers - 04/08/09 06:34 PM
I know most of us pair up the M80's with the likes of Denon's or Harman Kardon's and even a few Pioneer Elites out there.

I currently have a HK AVR-630 and I want to upgrade to Blu-ray and HDMI, etc, etc. The new Onkyo TX-SR607 has such a greater feature set than the new HK AVR-354. Are any of the new Onkyo's capable of powering the M80's without issues?
Posted By: jakewash Re: M80's and receivers - 04/08/09 06:56 PM
Any of the Onkyo's that carry the THX certification should be able to drive the M80s, as this certification means it can handle down to a 3ohm load. There are a few Onkyo owners that are running M80s, I just can't remember who they are.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M80's and receivers - 04/08/09 09:53 PM
With that said, there have been some individuals that have had issues. Onkyo's do run warm by nature, but you should be fine. I know if you go to their website it says they are THX 4ohm certified (3.2ohm tested by THX)
Posted By: shag Re: M80's and receivers - 04/09/09 02:44 AM
The Harman Kardon's run warm/hot as well. I have an external fan sitting on top of mine to keep it cool just in case. I would imagine HK's new models aren't any different.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M80's and receivers - 04/09/09 02:53 AM
Seems like it has been a long time since HK has come out with any new receivers, what is up with that. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards