Axiom Home Page
Hello!! I have already bought the energy RC fronts as I got a great deal. I have heard great things about the qs8 surrounds and was thinking about getting these instead of the RC surrounds. I was wondering what people thought about how well this combo would match and sound. Thanks in advance.
Hi sportsfreak,

Welcome to the Axiom forums. Like Axiom and several other Canadian speakers that were originally developed and tested at Canada's National Research Council, the Energy speaker line shares the basic musical neutrality that characterizes Axiom QS8s and other Axiom speakers. So the QS8's tonal balance should blend very nicely with that of your Energy front channels.

I think you'll be thrilled with the sense of surround envelopment that the QS8s deliver in your home theater.

Regards,
Alan speaks the truth.

You could do far worse than an Energy + Axiom pairing. For several years I had a system that consisted of M22's, the VP150, and Energy Take 5's as rear surrounds. I had no complaints and was quite pleased with the setup. The timbre matching was close enough that I never had a problem.

Good luck!
Welcome to the forum sportsfreak.

Energy, Axiom and a few other speaker brands have similar design philosphies known as "the great Canadian sound". However you will find many QS8 owners using them with all sorts of different manufacturers. For instance the person that does all the official Blu-ray reviews on the AVS forum uses the QS8's as part of his reference system.
sportsfreak, in addition to what the others have offered, it is much more important for the front sound stage to be matched, versus the surrounds. You will be fine, many people use Q's with various brands of speakers.
© Axiom Message Boards