Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Chevy Cambridge Audio Azur 640r ... good for HT ? - 08/05/09 01:24 PM
Does somebody has a Cambridge Audio Azur 640r on his HT system?
Satisfy of the performance ???
Your comments about it ( good or bad).
I have now idea how it is on 5.1 or 7.1 HT configuration

I buy one few month ago, Actually I used it im my living room in stereo mode.... very satisfy for now!!!!
but guess what, soon my teens will leave home & i'll plan to make a HT room... i my basement !!!

With Axiom spkr for sure.
Carl, welcome. The 640 is a competently designed(although overpriced)receiver which has been designed for HT use. So, there's no reason to suspect that it wouldn't do well for that use, within its designed limits.
OK thanks for yours opignon. (although overpriced)
Well i get a 500$ rebate on a Demo unit. so it's should be fair deal.
It will not process the latest HD audio formats. If that’s important to you (should be), then I would pass on this AVR.
???? not the Latest audio format ... for movie????
Well i'm newbie so i'm not aware of everything.

I just wish having a good A/V reveiver better than average, not necessaily the most up to date.

The future will twll me if i made a good choice ( somewhere in the next winter when il will purchase my HT spkr... for now, it's sound great on stereo mode.)
BTW, Chevy, I don't know if you are aware of this, but one of Axiom's technical expert (JC) lives in Sherbrooke and has an incredible demo room. Might be worth a look!
\:\) Yes, I know I already take contact with him.
a demo will be somewhere in september.
He wrote me last week and, he has the entire product line in his room.
That's will be very helpful to see and ear Axiom products.

Certainly I will post my feedback about it !!!
not always easy to me to post in english).
AS what I think will be the first board member to have a demo in Ian's room, I'll thank you ahead of time for the effort of posting a review in English. My French has faded to dismal proportions since high school.
 Originally Posted By: Murph
My French has faded to dismal proportions since high school.

That's probably because you moved from IPE to PEI.
I believe a true Frenchman would revert back to one of it's original names, "l'Îles Saint-Jean."
"Ile Saint-Jean" roughly translates into "Land of the Potatoes", hence the final name of Prince Edouard as He really liked French Fries and wanted to build up a reserve. I may have skipped one or two lessions in history class, but I am sure it is hard to disprove!
Yeah yeah... Don't forget later with overstock of potatoes the Prince Edouard moved in Québec (the paradise of the POUTINE !!!)
... we can remake history here !!!!
Don't make me break out my tripod mounted potato cannon!!!!!

errr wait, that didn't help me at all did it?
© Axiom Message Boards