Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rage96 Wish it was longer - 10/14/09 02:13 PM
I had called Axiom today about my crossover for my speakers since I had no idea what to set them at. I was told 80Hz for all speakers and to see what my setting are on the EP500, that's when I saw it. The vinyl under my EP500 on the seam by the back is peeling off, also the volume knob is starting to stick from 7-4 O'clock.

Don't get me wrong axiom was very nice about the matter and are sending me a new one right now. Just kind of bugs me, I bought it not even 3-4 months ago, and it is not factory outlit. Just was thinking for 1300$ CND it would last a little longer. Don't take this as a negative review. I would tell my friends to buy still from axiom and when I need a upgrade axiom will be the first place I look.

------------------
Epic Grand Master - 500
ONKYO 806
42" Sharp Aquos
HTPC
Posted By: fredk Re: Wish it was longer - 10/14/09 04:24 PM
Sorry to hear about the vinyl pealing on your EP500. This is the first time in the 2.5 years I have been posting here that I have heard of this happening.

Defects suck, but they do happen occasionally.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Wish it was longer - 10/14/09 06:53 PM
Yes, that sucks. I have not been here as long as Fred, but this the first peel I have heard of. It only takes one bad batch of glue to cause this. Hopefully it was just an isolated deal.
Posted By: rage96 Re: Wish it was longer - 10/15/09 04:52 PM
Wow, I thought that it would happen a little more often. Guess that goes to show just how careful axiom is about there products.

------------------
Epic Grand Master - 500
ONKYO 806
42" Sharp Aquos
HTPC
Posted By: jakewash Re: Wish it was longer - 10/15/09 06:12 PM
I have been here since 2003 and other than a few Factory Outlet speakers with unacceptable amounts of peeling, even for FO speakers, I can't recall any other speakers that have had peeling vinyl.
Posted By: BigHonu Re: Wish it was longer - 10/15/09 07:02 PM
Sounds like it may have gotten wet and gone through some hot and cold cycles during transit.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Wish it was longer - 10/15/09 08:51 PM
If the vinyl in question is one of the 'standard' finishes, I believe the sheets of MDF that Axiom uses, comes with the finish on it all ready from the supplier. The problem could have arisen from the machining of the MDF, or possibly from the supplier side, but Axiom will no doubt will remedy it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wish it was longer - 10/15/09 08:54 PM
This topic is begging for a "That's what she said" -- and so I've supplied it.

You may now go about your business.
Posted By: Argon Re: Wish it was longer - 10/15/09 11:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
This topic is begging for a "That's what she said" -- and so I've supplied it.

The part about it "getting wet and going through hot and cold cycles" or "Wish it was longer"?
Posted By: rage96 Re: Wish it was longer - 10/16/09 04:55 AM
The vinyl is one of the standard finishes. I just got the email yesterday, axiom is sending me a new EP500 and it should be on the way.

This is the reason why I bought from axiom, most places would make you send it back on your own dime, have no sub for a month or two. Then get a new one or if they feel it was not there fault get the old one back. I have had that happen to me a few times, not with Subs but with other things.

With axiom all I had to do was make a 3min call and they sent me a new one, how many places take people at there word anymore. Most times a company will try and find anyway not to pay or replace there product.

On top of that, I don't have to pay to ship it back. There going to pay for it.

The thing I'm not looking foreword to is moving and repacking my Ep500, moving/lifting 80lbs is no fun. Good thing I still have all my boxes, wife wanted me to toss them. I'm happy I did not listen to her on that one.

All I can say is axiom stands by there product.

Thanks axiom

------------------
Epic Grand Master - 500
ONKYO 806
42" Sharp Aquos
HTPC

Posted By: terzaghi Re: Wish it was longer - 10/16/09 05:51 AM
Yeah, but axiom knows you will inevitably hook up BOTH subs while you have them... then as soon as you send the faulty one back they know you will have the need to buy another one to be happy!
Posted By: rage96 Re: Wish it was longer - 10/16/09 06:05 AM
Never thought about that, I don't have another cable to hook it up. Guess I will have to buy one and just return it after a few days. Heck I might buy one of the monster cables, just to hear the HD difference... ;\)

Or just get one from monoprice, it never hurts to have extra cables. (Have a store here that sells them for only 3-4 dollars more which is still dirt cheap)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Wish it was longer - 10/16/09 06:15 AM
Make your own cable with some RG59 or RG6 coax and simply terminate it with RCA ends.
Posted By: fredk Re: Wish it was longer - 10/16/09 09:22 AM
Hmm... Seems like the perfect opportunity to test out the effects of two EP500s in one space.

Don't forget to report back. ;\)
Posted By: rage96 Re: Wish it was longer - 10/16/09 06:03 PM
My Onkyo 806 is only 7.1, can I just daisy chain from the line out on my first EP500.

I know this may sound noob but I never had 2 sub, so I'm unsure how to do it.

------------------
Epic Grand Master - 500
ONKYO 806
42" Sharp Aquos
HTPC
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Wish it was longer - 10/16/09 06:09 PM
Yep, you can do that. Or place a Y-cable on the output of the receiver. Which ever way makes running the cable easier.
© Axiom Message Boards