Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lucv13 DC Trigger - 12/04/09 08:24 AM
Well finally found something I overlooked when last shopping for a receiver, the DC Trigger - The Marantz sr4002 does not have one. It was not a big deal at the time because I really did not understand what it did. So the dilemma now is how to get around this.

I have a 12 outlet surge protector/power station 6000 or 7000 joules - can't think of the make (I'm at work) that has a 12v DC in/out which allows 4 of the outlet including the 2 high voltage units to be powered (for my amps) at the same time as the receiver if it had a trigger. Is there some type of external trigger that can be installed between the receiver and surge protector

I posted this in another forum and got this Emotiva as a solution

This looks like exactly what I need - any ideas on something similar here in Canada

Posted By: jakewash Re: DC Trigger - 12/04/09 10:14 AM
None I am aware of, I was going to suggest that Emotiva.

Another option might be to run a 12V transformer off the switched outlet on the Marantz(if it has one), once the receiver is turned on, the outlet powers up and the 12V out would act as a trigger.

Posted By: lucv13 Re: DC Trigger - 12/04/09 10:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
None I am aware of, I was going to suggest that Emotiva.

Another option might be to run a 12V transformer off the switched outlet on the Marantz(if it has one), once the receiver is turned on, the outlet powers up and the 12V out would act as a trigger.

MMM yep that could work if I could find one with 1/8" a male pin I may even have all this stuff already at home in the electronic junk drawer \:D
Posted By: Ken.C Re: DC Trigger - 12/04/09 03:24 PM
That's exactly what I do. Radio shack has those universal units with the changeable tips. You just have to get the polarity right.
© Axiom Message Boards