Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sauniq Class D amplifiers - 01/13/10 07:52 PM
I just purchased M80's after many months of careful auditons and I am very happy with what I have in my home. My current systems has a rotel preamp/processor and a five channel amp for surround sound. I purchased two new two channel rotel D amps and am absolutely convinced that they make a huge difference in sound quality. I am curious if I should be concerned about knowing how much of the current is running to the M80s? Entering into this new world of power, how can I make sure I do not over power the new speakers?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Class D amplifiers - 01/13/10 08:06 PM
I highly doubt you will ever be overpowering your M80s. Axiom tests them with 700watts, where is that link.....found it

http://www.axiomaudio.com/research_PowerTestRoom.html
Posted By: Adrian Re: Class D amplifiers - 01/13/10 08:12 PM
Lol, I remember that test room....and the fire extinguisher hanging by the door.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Class D amplifiers - 01/14/10 12:41 AM
If it sounds bad, turn it down. Other than that, enjoy yourself.

Sounds like an awesome setup!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Class D amplifiers - 01/14/10 02:08 AM
The 80's thrive on power, the M80s were tested with music for 100 hours at 700 Watts continuous input power, with peaks of 1000 Watts! Besides, do your amps have more power than Axioms digital amps, unlikely..
Posted By: jakewash Re: Class D amplifiers - 01/14/10 07:20 AM
Those Rotel amps are very nice and do have lots of power, just what the M80's like, crank them up and enjoy \:\)
Posted By: sauniq Re: Class D amplifiers - 01/17/10 03:39 AM
thanks for the confidence all....I appreciate your posts. RM 1092's are doing just fine with my new speakers.
© Axiom Message Boards