Axiom Home Page
Posted By: punisher101 Subwoofer Equalizer - 02/25/10 07:16 PM
I'm going to be picking up a SVS PB13 subwoofer. Do you think getting a subwoofer equalizer would be worth it? The PB13 comes with a very simple single band equalizer. However, I was reading an article on the internets and heard that the Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro DSP1124P combined with Room EQ Wizard is a great way to optimize subwoofer sound (better then the subwoofer crawl method).

Any thoughts on equalizers for speakers, would a reciever's Audessy mxt function be sufficient?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Subwoofer Equalizer - 02/25/10 07:17 PM
That used to be very popular around here, at least until Audyssey came out. I don't hear as much about it any more.
Posted By: fredk Re: Subwoofer Equalizer - 02/25/10 07:39 PM
The Behringer FBD is a very good unit and it simple to operate.

Personally I would go with the FBD over Audyssey because it manages only the frequencies you want it to and it is completely customizable.

REW has a bit of a learning curve. It took me a couple of nights to figure it out and get it set up. Once it is set up though, it makes measuring the room and setting up the FBD very easy.

If you read the Audyssey threads here, it seems to be a real mixed bag in terms of success: works well for some, fails for others.

Audyssey seems to be more for people who want a simplified automated solution.
Posted By: punisher101 Re: Subwoofer Equalizer - 02/26/10 04:54 AM
Sounds good I think I'll pick one up then. The equalizer is fairly cheap and REW is free.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Subwoofer Equalizer - 02/26/10 04:42 PM
Just set up the sub first then run Audyssey , if you plan on running Audyssey that is.
© Axiom Message Boards