Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Glitchy Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/02/10 12:30 AM
Well I've only have my Axioms for a couple of weeks. And they sound so much better than anything I've had before, it could still be a the kool-aid talkin.

After the initial install (W22s, W150-below the display, QS4s) I thought it sounded incredible, but something seemed off and I wondered if it was me, my install or .. I made a bad buy as far as a nirvana setup goes with my room and unknown audio "wants".

Then I started reading a bit on the net about dual centers (okay the axiom website) and also read Alans article about it. In my gut it made sense. (definately not cents). So I ordered a W100 for below the display, with intentions of moving the W150 above.

I just got the dual centers setup last night, limited listening, but first instint is... the best $255 I've spent on my Audio / Video Quest.

Dialog from the center of the screen was almost there before, but now it is spot on. and something else about the soundstage changed. I won't even to pretend to know what or why it is, but it is definately there.. or it's still the kool-aid ..But I don't think so

If the EP500 coming this week gives me another bump in satisfaction and/or sound quality (or my perception of sound quality) ... I'm very very happy with all the speaker(axiom) choices I've made.

Thought maybe another might benifit from these ramblings.
Posted By: fredk Re: Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/02/10 12:41 AM
Perhaps you need the electric acid cool-aid test? If you think it sounds good now...

I've never tried a single Wxxx as a center. I went strait for the dual M2s and I have to say the voices in movies are always centered on screen.
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/02/10 12:46 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Perhaps you need the electric acid cool-aid test? If you think it sounds good now...

I've never tried a single Wxxx as a center. I went strait for the dual M2s and I have to say the voices in movies are always centered on screen.

I've had that test, all in my world haven't decided if it was good or bad I passed the test.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/02/10 01:15 AM
$$$ funds may have been an issue, but did you not realize if you get 5 or more items you get a 5% discount on all your items, to late now though...and 10% if ordered from the outlet on top of that.
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/02/10 01:30 AM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
$$$ funds may have been an issue, but did you not realize if you get 5 or more items you get a 5% discount on all your items, to late now though...and 10% if ordered from the outlet on top of that.

Well the first order, and first Axioms I've heard was the W22s, W150, QS4s, I got the discount. Didn't know I would want more QUICKLY.... Might be a good sales tool for Axiom. Since that initial order I got the W100, then the next week, I thought what the hell, I'll get the EP500, and now I'm about ready to order a set of QS8s. If they had a 30 day 60 day "extension" of the HT 5% deal, I would have ordered the W100, EP500, and QS8s the following week, but with no discount, I'm pacing myself... sortof
Posted By: jakewash Re: Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/03/10 09:00 PM
I believe I had to ask for the 5% discount when I ordered up my M22s after my initial 3 speaker purchase and Axiom gave it to me. Like they say it never hurts to ask. \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/03/10 09:02 PM
As long as you're not within physical reach of the person you're asking.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/03/10 09:14 PM
lol
Posted By: Redo Re: Dual Center Musings... W150 & W100 - 03/03/10 09:29 PM
Tube monoblocks are required for dual centers, NOS telefunken tubes or bust
© Axiom Message Boards