Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Glitchy Onkyo AVR, HTPC and OSD - 03/07/10 12:14 AM
I have an Onkyo TX-SR706. All A/V devices are connected via HDMI.

If I'm on the cable input, I get the volume and Movie/Music Mode changes on screen with the OSD function of the Onkyo .. if I'm using the HTPC(DVD) input, no OSD ... I really need want this, does anyone know, is it a setup issue, a HTPC issue or something else

Thanks

Jeff
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Onkyo AVR, HTPC and OSD - 03/07/10 12:22 AM
This is usually linked with a passthrough mode. That mode is either determined through some "source setup" option in the menus OR, it is automatic if the receiver only suports passthrough for 1080p. Since it probably does some processing for the 1080i/720p coming from your cable, there is fair chance you are in the presence of automatic passthrough/non-passthough.
You will have to look in your manual for the appropriate settings as all the Onkyo have a wide array of level of feature sets. Or your receiver does not support OSD over 1080p.
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Onkyo AVR, HTPC and OSD - 03/07/10 12:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
This is usually linked with a passthrough mode. That mode is either determined through some "source setup" option in the menus OR, it is automatic if the receiver only suports passthrough for 1080p. Since it probably does some processing for the 1080i/720p coming from your cable, there is fair chance you are in the presence of automatic passthrough/non-passthough.
You will have to look in your manual for the appropriate settings as all the Onkyo have a wide array of level of feature sets. Or your receiver does not support OSD over 1080p.

Makes sense, Thanks... hope a new AVR isn't the answer!
© Axiom Message Boards