Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Glitchy Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/22/10 11:54 PM
Where is info on the site about the Trade up Progrom.

It's been less than 2 months, but I think I'd like to trade the QS4s for QS8s
Posted By: Wid Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/22/10 11:59 PM

Look Here
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 12:03 AM
Rick, I'm beginning to think that perhaps you and I made the wrong decision! ;\)
Posted By: Wid Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 12:09 AM

I don't think so Ken. I'm sitting here listening to them and they're doing just dandy. Actually I'm a bit surprised on how good they do sound.

I have read for years how well the Axiom surrounds do on music and have been a touch skeptical, I believe now.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 12:15 AM
Oh cool, you got them?

--obviously...
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 12:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: wid

Look Here

Many Thanks

$200 ... hmmmmm $132 for upgrade, original shipping? $30?, $40 for 2 months and used probably a good deal .. but still thinking
Posted By: Wid Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 12:30 AM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Oh cool, you got them?

--obviously...

Sure did. So far I'm really liking what I hear.
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 12:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: wordgasm
 Originally Posted By: wid

Look Here

Many Thanks

$200 ... hmmmmm $132 for upgrade, original shipping? $30?, $40 for 2 months and used probably a good deal .. but still thinking

Will I have to ship the QS4s first wait and then wait for the QS8s?

I'm all about instant gratification
where can I buy jeff's old qs4s? \:\)
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 12:56 AM
 Originally Posted By: axiomoholic

Hey,

remove Pair QS4 Surrounds $324.00 USD the trade up offer on my order page!

Pay shipping and you have a deal!

Your only saving 40 to 50.. I'd order from Axiom and get the full boat with warranty, return .. feeling good!
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 01:11 AM
 Originally Posted By: axiomoholic

Hey,

remove Pair QS4 Surrounds $324.00 USD the trade up offer on my order page!

Pay shipping and you have a deal!

Your only saving 40 to 50.. I'd order from Axiom and get the full boat with warranty, return .. feeling good!

Okay I pulled the trigger and did the upgrade.

Sorry no QS4s available here!
Posted By: Wid Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 01:13 AM

That would be about the same as the outlet price, minus a warranty.
Posted By: RickF Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 01:18 AM
I wonder if the boys in the Axiom front office would let me trade my extra M60s on one of those 2011 305hp, 31mpg Ford Mustangs?

Even Steven. \:\)
Posted By: Wid Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 01:20 AM

Sounds like a deal to me.
Posted By: RickF Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 01:25 AM
I'll even throw in my EP350 for the programmable vehicle key and Universal Garage Door Opener option.

I betcha Ian is sending the shipping boxes to my house as we speak. \:\)
I would like to know your impressions of the QS4 vs the QS8. I'm in the same situation...I bought my QS4s about 6 months ago and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should have purchased the QS8s instead.

Both Brent and JC at Axiom agreed that I would see little difference between the two models given the small size of my HT room. I've been using my system for listening to music with surround decoding A LOT more than I first anticipated. I think that music uses the surround speakers more than movies do...and I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, my system would sound even more fantastic with the QS8s.

<<sigh...>> I'll just keep telling myself that the QS8s won't sound any different in my room than the QS4s...until I get the extra money to buy the QS8s \:\)
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/23/10 10:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: BWeasner
I would like to know your impressions of the QS4 vs the QS8. I'm in the same situation...I bought my QS4s about 6 months ago and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should have purchased the QS8s instead.

Both Brent and JC at Axiom agreed that I would see little difference between the two models given the small size of my HT room. I've been using my system for listening to music with surround decoding A LOT more than I first anticipated. I think that music uses the surround speakers more than movies do...and I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, my system would sound even more fantastic with the QS8s.

<<sigh...>> I'll just keep telling myself that the QS8s won't sound any different in my room than the QS4s...until I get the extra money to buy the QS8s \:\)

Well my Axioms are basically brand new W22s, W150 & QS4s for 6 weeks, the added a w100 the second or third week, then a EP500 the next week, then QS8s the following week to go 7.1.

So a grain of salt..... But I think there is a big difference between the QS8s and QS4s, everything sounds "Fuller", enough that I upgraded last night. Mind you, the current QS4s are just for my rear surround and were great as the side surround too, but thought I'd do it while I could get the most bang for the buck on the trade in (and while I'm in speaker buying mode before I move on to the next thing)

And ... my room is tiny 11'w x 10.5 d..YMMV

I just thought, not counting the diff in cost for the upgrade( would always be paying that) the trade in right now only cost me bout $75, so from what I heard in difference thought why not.

Last thought, I'm new at taking the audio this seriously, so my impressions are still on overload from getting a bunch of new speakers and I'm sure I'm still impressionable.

Good Luck!
Mind you, the current QS4s are just for my rear surround and were great as the side surround too, but thought I'd do it while I could get the most bang for the buck on the trade in (and while I'm in speaker buying mode before I move on to the next thing)

Good Lord! You have side AND rear surrounds in a room 11 X 10.5! Your room has got to be ROCKIN'! \:o
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Where is info about the Trade up Progrom - 03/24/10 05:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: BWeasner
Mind you, the current QS4s are just for my rear surround and were great as the side surround too, but thought I'd do it while I could get the most bang for the buck on the trade in (and while I'm in speaker buying mode before I move on to the next thing)

Good Lord! You have side AND rear surrounds in a room 11 X 10.5! Your room has got to be ROCKIN'! \:o

I have pics of my front display wall in the gallery: "well all the w's are in...."

Well it's really just speakers with a room added on for someplace to mount them. My viewing (sitting) distance is 7' so I have 3.5' behind the couch for the rears.

But it is alot of speakers in a small space! Then you add 2 centers and the EP500 beastie .... and there is a lot of boston cherry in that space.

© Axiom Message Boards