Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nickba Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/22/10 01:24 AM
Hi again,

I am discussing with my dealer here what he will be ordering to show me.

Do you think that dual EP800 worth the extra $$ than dual EP500?

Does anyone have this configuration?

Another question: I saw the pictures of the new center VP180. Are the drivers of other speakers white too?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/22/10 11:48 AM
Axiom does not work through dealers, they only deal directly to the customers. This cuts out the middle man and you get the savings, so not sure if someone is trying to pull the wool over your eyes or not.

2 identical subs placed correctly in a room, will help to give you a better freq response for all seating locations. Two 500's have ton's of output, and 2 800's would give you more. The question is how big is your room? This will help determine what sub you might need.

Not sure I follow your last question.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/22/10 12:35 PM

Nickba, to answer your last question, all speakers in the Axiom line now have all white drivers (except tweeters) and magnetic grills. The website product pages are being updated to reflect this.

Posted By: SRoode Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/22/10 12:52 PM
 Originally Posted By: Nickba
Hi again,
Do you think that dual EP800 worth the extra $$ than dual EP500?

Does anyone have this configuration?

I had them both. The question you have to ask yourself is, "Is it worth it to me to spend another $2,200 USD for another 6 Hz of lower extension and 300 more watts per sub". If the answer is yes, then get the dual EP800s.

For me it was, so I traded in my EP500s and upgraded to my EP800s.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/22/10 02:25 PM
So what do you have worked out with the dealer if he and you plan on returning them? Do you have to pay to have them shipped back or the dealer?

Or do you have something else worked out with him that you will purchase other equipment and accessories that he would receive commission on if you buy the subs?
Posted By: Nickba Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/23/10 01:11 AM
Hi,

Spoiler, thanks for the info!!!

SRoode, are you satisfied with your subs? Do you think you need more punch?

sirquack/Dr.House, I am talking about my dealer because of the high custom taxes in my country. The system will cost 2X the USA price!!! My dealer will order the speakers and if I like them, I will keep them, otherwise my dealer will keep them in his ShowRoom.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/23/10 01:26 AM
ok, just not sure Axiom would allow that if they where aware they are possibly going into a dealer showroom, they don't sell to dealers.
Posted By: Nickba Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/23/10 01:34 AM
I hope they allow, otherwise I will not be able to buy them...
Posted By: SRoode Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/23/10 02:38 AM
No, I don't think I would ever need more punch. I think four 12" sub-woofer drivers, down to 13Hz with 1600W of power is enough for my 16x18 foot room.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/23/10 02:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: Nickba
I hope they allow, otherwise I will not be able to buy them...

Like was said, I'm not sure that is "allowed". Furthermore, I'm not sure you would get a warranty since "you" did not buy them. With Axiom, you are paying part of the premium for the support. If something goes wrong, I doubt your dealer will continue to play the middleman.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/23/10 03:09 AM
Nickba, have you found out the details of your country's custom taxes. You may be able to get around these taxes by ordering one or two speakers at a time, depending how the customs are applied. Some countries will charge no customs until you reach a certain dollar amount, so dividing up your order may help you save on these taxes. You'll also have the full warranty as well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/23/10 03:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: SRoode
No, I don't think I would ever need more punch. I think four 12" sub-woofer drivers, down to 13Hz with 1600W of power is enough for my 16x18 foot room.

\:D
Posted By: Nickba Re: Dual EP800 vs Dual EP500 - 06/24/10 05:33 AM
Hi,

Adrian, customs taxes here is always the same. the only exception is if a person send a gift to another person with a price inferior to US$50.00!!!

Another problem to buy direct in countries like mine, is there are no return options!

I think the Axiom policy to sell direct is great, but in some countries like mine a dealer would have better prices to offer, because a dealer can have better custom taxes, stock, and with stock, better overall shipping prices!

htnut, your room is almost the size of mine!!! So I think it would be great!
© Axiom Message Boards