Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TT03cobra Real wood finishes?? - 07/06/10 04:46 PM
Hi everyone,
Have any of you ordered a real wood finish for your speakers?
I want to order the epic 80 system in the upgraded rosewood finish but I would like to know just how GOOD the finish will be..Meaning fit and finish..
I'm a newbie here so ANY input will be appreciated...
Thanks guys and girls
Posted By: a401classic Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/06/10 09:41 PM
TT,
I got my Dad a set of M3's in rosewood semigloss and the finish is great. Click on My HT, then Photos and look for the red room - its in there somewhere... excuse the drywall dust on the speakers.
I would order a custom finish again without hesitation.

Scott
Posted By: dllewel Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/06/10 10:42 PM
I have that system in a natural cherry (sorry not rosewood) and I can say that the quality is fantastic. I agree with Scott above that I would order again without hesitation.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/07/10 12:39 AM
The vinyl wrap is the best in the industry, so I assume Axiom would also make a high quality wood product.
Posted By: onn Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/07/10 01:00 AM
HG Rosewood in my link
Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/08/10 04:04 AM
Hey I got the M80s in natural Maple semi gloss. They are perfection the feel and look is amazing. They also come with a really cool case for there legs and tools. I would say you won't be disappointed.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/08/10 05:21 PM
I have a pair of M80s and M22s, both in the "high gloss" piano black finish. You can see the time and effort and workmanship that has gone in to producing this type of speaker cabinet finish and they have always been delivered within the specified time frames.

I am hoping at some time down the road to order a VP180 in the same finish, however, I blew my budget for the year on this stuff in the first four months so it will have to wait. Believe it or not, even at a little over $1100, the VP180 with the high gloss custom finish, compared to the competitors I have seen in this speaker category, would still be a bargain.
Posted By: chrono Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/15/10 08:27 PM
Onn, that is a stunning system you have. No question in my mind now that I'll be getting the high gloss rosewoods next time around.
Posted By: onn Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/15/10 11:07 PM
Originally Posted By: chrono
Onn, that is a stunning system you have. No question in my mind now that I'll be getting the high gloss rosewoods next time around.

Thanks chrono! I will be adding my final setup in the gallery once the 180 shows up.:(
Posted By: jakewash Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/16/10 02:12 AM
It is even better looking in person wink smile
Posted By: onn Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/16/10 04:28 AM
when are you planning your next trip up this way Jay? Now that I have figured out my Denon since you were last here you might notice a difference. Also you can try to do a REW. laugh
Posted By: jakewash Re: Real wood finishes?? - 07/16/10 04:30 AM
I might have to make special trip up just hear and see your system again, I will definitely let you know when I am heading up there smile
© Axiom Message Boards