Axiom Home Page
Posted By: hybrid M60 v2 upgrade to V3 - 08/13/10 08:09 PM
I have a dumb question. I presently have the M60 V2's. Is there a kit to up grade to the version 3, like changing out the crossover?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: M60 v2 upgrade to V3 - 08/13/10 08:14 PM
Axiom is supposed to be offering the drivers (all of the may need to be upgraded depending on the manufacture date of your V2), along with the crossovers. But the initial estimated prices put it so it would be just about the same price as buying a new set of speakers. So unless you've got a custom finish, you may want to put your V2s up for auction at http://deals.axiomaudio.com/, and use the Axiom Dollars to buy a new set.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: M60 v2 upgrade to V3 - 08/13/10 08:16 PM
Not entirely accurate. The price delta for the M60 upgrade is larger than the M80 upgrade. It's worth calling Axiom with your serial numbers to find out what would be required and how much it would cost, in any case.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M60 v2 upgrade to V3 - 08/13/10 11:51 PM
This comes back to my suggestion of Axiom offering special pricing for kits for the upgrades, this would hopefully be cheaper than the individual pricing posted in the other thread.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: M60 v2 upgrade to V3 - 08/14/10 12:12 AM
Thing is, the kit's going to be different dependent on what age your speaker is. It gets pretty complicated, from what I understand.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M60 v2 upgrade to V3 - 08/14/10 12:16 AM
I keep forgetting about the running changes Axiom has done over the years.
© Axiom Message Boards