Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/14/10 12:05 AM
1st, I did try searching the forums but quickly gave up.

I am looking for a good website (or brick and mortar) for speaker cable, longest run will be 25-30 feet so wont be going any thicker than 14g. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/14/10 12:07 AM
You'll probably do fine at Home Depot or Lowes if you're looking for B&M.

I'd recommend Monoprice.com for low price or Axiom's for flexibility over B&M, though.
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/14/10 12:10 AM
monoprice was the answer i was looking for, the last time i was on that site i forgot to bookmark it. Thanks
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/14/10 01:11 AM
Walmart's electronic section will have speaker wire if you don't want to wait for a shipment from an internet direct company. Cheaply priced, accessible to just about anyone in North America and will fit your needs to pass a signal.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/14/10 01:25 AM
Brian, ditto the suggestions from Mark and DH. Take into account, besides price, factors such as waiting time, shipping charges and sales tax.
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/14/10 02:10 AM
Yea i went with 200' of 14g for like 46 dollars shipped to my house, that is tough to beat. I know Home Depot had 250' for like 72 dollars.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/16/10 12:51 AM
You made out good. Usually when I look at monoprice for a single item, the shopping cart seems to add up quickly.
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/16/10 07:12 PM
Dr. House,

Great point in fact when i first started looking at it this spring i went from needing speaker cable to WANTING speaker cable, cable ends, cable track, etc etc etc and all of a sudden it was well in excess of 100 dollars and i canceled the whole order, this time i was much more disciplined (till after the wedding Oct 1st)
Posted By: michael_d Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/16/10 08:43 PM
I have a similar problem with Amazon while consuming alcohol. Costco is much, much worse though. I walk in to get a bag of TP and come out with all kinds of crap I have absolutely no need for and a grand less in my checking account, but no TP.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/16/10 08:45 PM
I take it your Costco sells booze? smile
Posted By: Philippe Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/16/10 10:54 PM
Axiom wire is also a great value.
Posted By: fredk Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/16/10 11:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks
Dr. House,

Great point in fact when i first started looking at it this spring i went from needing speaker cable to WANTING speaker cable, cable ends, cable track, etc etc etc and all of a sudden it was well in excess of 100 dollars and i canceled the whole order, this time i was much more disciplined (till after the wedding Oct 1st)

Wait till after you have kids. Then it will be a run to Home Depot for 12 or 14 guage wire.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/17/10 04:49 PM
Wrong Fred, once kids arrive, you are lucky to be allowed to buy anything for yourself at all.
Posted By: fredk Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/17/10 09:38 PM
I told her it was to improve the performance of the dishwasher.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/19/10 01:52 AM
How the heck will speaker wire improve your wife's performance??
Posted By: Adrian Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/19/10 02:55 AM
:::insert bi-wiring joke here:::
Posted By: medic8r Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/19/10 07:52 AM
Is that like when you trade your 40 year old wife in for two 20 year olds?
Posted By: fredk Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/19/10 09:05 AM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

I dunno, but two wires and 120 volts would certainly improve my experience with the ex...
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Speaker Wire (yes another) - 09/19/10 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: fredk
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

I dunno, but two wires and 120 volts would certainly improve my experience with the ex...

Now that's f'in funny laugh !
© Axiom Message Boards