Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 12/31/10 01:41 PM
I have a Denon 3808. Several times since I've had it, the on-screen display (volume changes, the Denon menu, etc..) just disappears.

Each time this has happened in the past, I found some way of getting it back. (The first time, I checked the manual but it was not helpful....big surprise there!).

For whatever reason...likely being brain dead this last month, I can't find the solution.

Since there are many others with the 3808, I was hoping it was a familiar issue with someone(?)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 12/31/10 02:22 PM
Are you using "Pure Direct" or is the Denon trying to use it by default somehow?
Posted By: Wid Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 12/31/10 02:40 PM

On my Onkyo it will only display the volume on the screen through hdmi.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 12/31/10 10:33 PM
No, it's happening with either mode of Pure Direct and Direct on or off. I'm using an HDMI output, Rick.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 12/31/10 10:34 PM
It did that to me once. It was a glitch of sorts. I just cycled the power and it displayed again. It's either that or the pure direct mode is on. Can't think of anything else that would turn it off, but there's always something to learn with this thing.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 01/01/11 01:00 AM
I believe the full power on/off not just the standby button should reset it as Michael suggested.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 01/01/11 02:34 AM
Interesting. I'll try that when our visiting company goes to bed. I really didn't want to do a full reset!

Thanks guys!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 01/01/11 04:58 AM
Ya, that is no fun; a full reset that is having to do Audyssey all over again and all the rest of your presets etc.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 01/01/11 04:53 PM
Awesome! The full power on/off did it! You guys are great! grin
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 01/02/11 04:36 PM
Your welcome, Mark grin .
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 01/02/11 06:15 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Awesome! The full power on/off did it! You guys (that helped me) are great! grin

Fixed.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 01/02/11 07:58 PM
Well see if I ever help to solve your "brain dead question of the day".

I bet Joyce would concur they happen so frequently that they've become commonplace in your household smile . To alleviate her stress, you should start a new thread called "Mark's brain dead question of the day"! I know I would find it pretty damn funny grin laugh .
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Brain-Dead question of the day.... - 01/02/11 08:04 PM
Lately, I feel like I could post hourly....if I can remember how....
© Axiom Message Boards