Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian 9V battery test - 02/19/11 10:52 PM
When I ran Audyssey through my HT, I have always had some odd readings from one of my QS8s which I attributed to a "lively" corner of the room. After thinking about it for a bit today, I thought 'perhaps I should check the drivers out', so I put some Pink Floyd on and put it through the surrounds...yup, I can hear music coming out all the channels. Next, I put the back of my hand up to the surrounds to 'feel' the sound...right side, top and bottom seems ok, left side top seems ok, bt the bottom driver I'm not sure about. It seems like it's moving but I think it's acting like a passive rad and not really making noise. I decided to pull the QS8 down from the wall after unplugging the speaker and check it with a 9V which confirmed the bad driver. Does Axiom answer phones on the weekend? I pm'ed JC anyway.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: 9V battery test - 02/19/11 10:57 PM
Yes, I believe they man the 800# until fairly late in the afternoon, you might have to leave a message, but I've talked to them on weekends before.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: 9V battery test - 02/19/11 11:01 PM
There's a big honking graphic at the top of the page with their hours on it, you know...
Posted By: Adrian Re: 9V battery test - 02/19/11 11:06 PM
Thanks, Randy. New driver on it's way.

TKS, JC.
Posted By: Adrian Re: 9V battery test - 02/19/11 11:06 PM
Originally Posted By: kcarlile
There's a big honking graphic at the top of the page with their hours on it, you know...

Mine doesn' honk, what do you mean?
Posted By: Jc Re: 9V battery test - 02/19/11 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
TKS, JC.

Always a pleasure !
Posted By: jakewash Re: 9V battery test - 02/20/11 03:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
Originally Posted By: kcarlile

Mine doesn' honk, what do you mean?
Must be defective, see if they can warranty that for you too.
Posted By: bdpf Re: 9V battery test - 02/20/11 04:20 PM
Yeah, Audyssey displaying the wrong settings usually means something is wrong (unless the measurements were not done properly). I remember when I got my QS8s, it would detect one of them at 7.5 ft, the other at 4ft, there both at 7.5ft. The one that was detected at 4ft had the bottom driver not working. FWIW.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: 9V battery test - 02/20/11 05:12 PM
When I set up my HT systems, I always confirm which cables go with which speakers before attaching them to the amp or receiver by energizing the speaker wires with a AAA 1.5v battery. I would avoid using a 9 volt jolt into my speakers.
© Axiom Message Boards