Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mreed Best budget remote-Harmony 700 or URC UR-50?? - 02/16/12 11:33 PM
Any opinions on these 2 remotes? Looking for ease of use for $100 or less.
I have the URC UR-50 and its pretty fantastic. I have heard that the harmony is more user friendly, but I havent had any trouble using the UR50. I have it programmed with the one button turning on the TV, turning on the AVR switching it to the input from the comcast box, and then turning on the comcast box and have the volume overide using the AVR volume. Have a couple of one button macros to switch the inputs on the AVR to different inputs, basically saving around two or three button presses for each. You can program in pauses and such to make sure things lag. Before I had everything plugged into my AVR, I had to switch inputs on the TV and the TV lags something fierce so I had to use the pauses. But overall I am very happy with it, but you do have to have it pointed towards the units or else everything doesnt work.
I don't have the 700 but have had a couple different Harmony remotes and my family found them to be VERY easy to use, the prelabled 'activity' buttons makes the Harmony very easy to use for even my youngest child who was 3 at the time I picked up my first harmony remote. My present 'One' works great and the touch screen allows for some custom buttoms. I can program in delays etc. just as the URC remotes allow, the one thing the URC remotes allow is for a units 'state' to be known or changed within a macro, not sure I explained that right.
© Axiom Message Boards