Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 12:26 PM
Wife and I picked up a new iMac but I am having a difficult time launching the software I downloaded (for Mac) from Logitech, I thought plugging in the 880 to the iMac would launch it but it isn't.

Is there something I'M missing here?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 12:46 PM
Yeah, you need to launch it by hand.
Posted By: RickF Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 03:18 PM
It's not happening, I've launched a couple of other downloads without a hitch but this Harmony download isn't wanting to do a thing. Reading through a couple of forums for geeks it sounds like there are definitely issues with Logitech's software and Mac, the stars didn't align for this little project.

Oh well.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 03:48 PM
What is the file that you downloaded called? Does it end with .dmg?
Posted By: RickF Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 03:55 PM
Yes it does Peter ... 7.7.0-OSX.dmg

I pulled it from Logitech's website.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 04:08 PM
OK, so double click the .dmg. Then drag the H icon from there into your Applications folder. Then double click application (from within your Applications folder.

The machine won't auto-detect the remote, but I've never had a problem manually launching the application.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 06:58 PM
Let me know if you get it to work Rick. Any thing I have read sounds like it doesn't work with the latest version of OSX, I gave up on our iMac and just use my windows based laptop.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 07:37 PM
I have no problem with it on my 5 month old (ie, running the latest OS) Mac.
Posted By: RickF Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 07:58 PM
I can't get it to do anything, I tried downloading the Mac software from Logitech but I believe all that loaded was the install software, it won't do anything either. Whenever I connected the remote to the iMac I thought it would open the software but it doesn't. I used the old PC and changed the settings on the remote that way.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Harmony 880 with iMac... - 04/08/12 08:07 PM
Ah, I see. OK, so when you download the software and open the .dmg file, you see two files, the .mpkg and the uninstaller, right?

So when you run the .mpkg, it should do the guided install, and you should end up with Logitech Harmony Remote software in your Applications folder (in the Finder). It won't add the icon to your dock, you have to do that by hand.

You need to open that before connecting the remote--it doesn't automatically launch. You can either look for it in your Applications folder in the Finder, or click on the magnifying glass in the upper right and type Harmony.
© Axiom Message Boards