Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mrspeeed Amp for algonquins? What are you using? - 05/27/12 02:49 AM
I am curious to see what amps/set up people are using for their algonquin speakers.

Currently I have 2 pairs. They are being powered by a panasonic digital reciever (something 55...a great sounding pre hdmi digital amp) (since my current receiver amp section is being used for 7.1.) run in 5 channel stereo.

The panny is just a temp solution to test the speakers more or less. I am going to find a more permenant solution. I had somebody ready to sell me some speakercraft 1235 (?) which I was going to run in bridged mode but I thought I would hold off for now since the panny is more than enough for now. However the panny will be moved up to the bedroom very soon to power a 5.1 system.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Amp for algonquins? What are you using? - 05/27/12 10:41 AM
I'm running my 2 pairs of Algonquins on my 10 year old Onkyo TX-SR700 (100W per channel). It works well for my use since it has a second zone; I power one pair on each zone). I think any 2-zone receiver would work great with these speakers. They are basically waterproofed M3's, so they are a very easy to drive 8 ohm load. I also have a pair of M3's that I power from a home-made Class D amp, and it works great too.
Posted By: mrspeeed Re: Amp for algonquins? What are you using? - 05/27/12 11:08 PM
Yeah I will like just go and get a second receiver for what it is worth. I still am using some analog signals to go to my slingbox so I will just take the output to a receiver. I wouldn't mind getting a old denon or pio elite but just I know just about anything should do.
© Axiom Message Boards