Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fuzzyreets How do I fix a loose foot on my M60 v2? - 09/01/12 06:12 PM
Hi folks. I have a loose rubber foot on my M60 v2 speaker. I tried screwing it back in but no such luck. What's the procedure to fix? Do I have to take one of the woofers out? Is that safe? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: dakkon Re: How do I fix a loose foot on my M60 v2? - 09/01/12 07:53 PM
if you stripped out the threads... you pretty much only have 1 realistic option... Take one of the woofers out, and get a longer 1/4 20 bolt, and put a nut on the back of that bolt from inside the cabinet.

I don't think you can helical the type of thread insert that is used....
Posted By: Murph Re: How do I fix a loose foot on my M60 v2? - 09/04/12 06:54 PM
I can't remember ever looking to see if the screw inserts into the wood or a metal bracket but but I suspect that tapping the hole for the next size screw is also an option. Tap and die sets are pretty cheap and will always come in handy down the road.

Another more old fashioned possibility (if the screw goes into wood, not a metal bracket) is to jam a sliver of hardwood into the hole and re-insert the screw. You would be surprised how solid this can be.
Posted By: Brent Re: How do I fix a loose foot on my M60 v2? - 09/05/12 11:07 PM
Remove the woofer and check to see if the T-nut is secured to cabinet. Using some pressure, try to secure the nut back into the cabinet. If it does not bite the cabinet, remove the nut and re-insert the nut from the outside of the cabinet.
A loose foot?
First you get a tensor bandage...
Posted By: terzaghi Re: How do I fix a loose foot on my M60 v2? - 09/09/12 01:55 PM
Sounds like its time to order a pair of LFR1100's smile
© Axiom Message Boards