Axiom Home Page
Posted By: caddy AX 1.5 woffer replacement - 01/08/13 06:43 PM
I need to replace Woofers on 1989 AX 1.5s. Factory says N/A . Options ? Thanx I am sure this has been covered I am just too lazy to comb past posts . Is there a search ?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: AX 1.5 woffer replacement - 01/08/13 06:53 PM
See if Axiom can give you some info as far as theile small parameters and nominal resistance. I bought myslelf a tester that works from my computer. I got it from parts express when ihad a sub woofer go out. Measured a good working woofer and found one similar at parts express and you cant tell it from the original.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: AX 1.5 woffer replacement - 01/08/13 06:56 PM
Oh, I kind of doubt it has been covered.

There is a search.

I think that - by far - your best bet is to speak personally with somebody at Axiom via phone. If Brent, JC, Ian, Andrew, Debbie, et. al. can't help you, nobody can. You'd need - at minimum - the Thiele/Small parameters of the original woofer to know about the suitability of any replacement.

Is it possible to perhaps just replace the speaker surround? Sometimes even if the surround is shot, you can still rehabilitate the driver and reuse the cone and motor. How bad is it?

Good luck.

Edit: Sorry, Socketman. I was composing while you posted smile
Posted By: LRA Re: AX 1.5 woffer replacement - 01/08/13 07:13 PM
I could sell u mine! I have a pair of ax1.5 + center

:-)

I also have a vp150 eating dust in a closet..
Posted By: caddy Re: AX 1.5 woffer replacement - 01/09/13 08:56 AM
Thanks I found the spec list .D.
Posted By: caddy Re: AX 1.5 woffer replacement - 01/09/13 08:59 AM
Thanks I have found the specs . D.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: AX 1.5 woffer replacement - 01/09/13 04:58 PM
That's great!

Perhaps if you posted those specs, you would help someone who might have a similar question in the future.
© Axiom Message Boards