Axiom Home Page
Posted By: majik Help needed - 08/25/13 12:23 AM
I'm hoping someone can help me out, I was just moving the home theatre to another room and when I picked up one of the m80s I heard something movin around inside. I opened it up and found what appears to be 3 thin aluminium "sticks" lying on the bottom. I took a pic but I can't seem to post them (it's asking me for the URL) smirk

Does anyone know what they are? What they're for?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 02:30 AM
no idea, I don't carry my M80's around to much smile as far as pictures, you can upload to the gallery as an option, otherwise, you have to save your pictures to one of the many picture sites like photobucket, for ex., and then include the image tag (img) and the jpg url in your post.
Posted By: majik Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 02:00 PM
Thanks for the info I posted a pic there

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php/galleries/396382#Post396382
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 05:41 PM
I'm thinking someone from Axiom can tell us, looks like some type of bracing, not sure why it would be loose inside though.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 05:57 PM
Free bars of pure silver?

Sorry, I know that isn't helpful. I am stumped too.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Sorry, I know that isn't helpful.

HEY! Now you're working MY side of the street!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 06:40 PM
Do you have kids,i got loose change and the knobs off my stereo in my VCR when my kids were young.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 07:23 PM
maybe something that got thrown in the bass ports on the back.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 08:09 PM
I had all the drivers out of my M80's when I first got them and I saw nothing in there like that and I took pictures of the inside. Im sure you would have heard that when you got the speakers.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 08:11 PM
If they were golden, I'd say you might have a few bars of gold-pressed latinum and that you should watch out for Ferengis. Alas, they are silver, and probably worthless.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 10:18 PM
if no one knows what it is, then it must be unobtainium.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Help needed - 08/25/13 10:51 PM
inconceivable
Posted By: majik Re: Help needed - 08/26/13 07:21 PM
I looked in the other one and I it looks like they were used to fill the gaps between the bottom horizontal panel nd the vertical panels.

I'm wondering why no one from axiom has commented yet though. I'm guessing they haven't seen it yet, because they're usually great at helping us out with info.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Help needed - 08/26/13 07:49 PM
I would call them.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Help needed - 08/26/13 08:20 PM
By and large, Axiom staff don't monitor these boards.
Posted By: majik Re: Help needed - 08/26/13 10:05 PM
Yeah I called earlier and spoke to Brent, he said he would find out and get back to me.
Posted By: majik Re: Help needed - 08/31/13 04:07 PM
So Brent got back to me (gotta love the customer service/support at axiom!) and they did indeed put these in there to help brace/stabilize the crossovers (I think that's what he said) during shipping.

I decided to go back in there and yep, found more. I have the m80 millenniums (V2).

Can someone telle where exactly I should put the polyfill in the m80s? On the speaker bed? When I pulled it out I didn't stop to look where I was taking it from. Thanks
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Help needed - 08/31/13 05:18 PM
Hmm interesting, mine are suppose to be v2 but my crossover is attached to the side of the cabinet. They did come originally with v3 drivers so its possible they are actually v3. As for the poly fill mine was had it stuffed in through the hole where the driver mounts for the 2 bass drivers,the midrange is in its own compartment and tweeter isn't affected by the poly. If your crossover is part of the terminal cup then the braces would have stood underneath it to stabilize it during shipping, no need to put them back.

Posted By: J. B. Re: Help needed - 08/31/13 05:22 PM
this crossover looks (is?) very cheap and low quality, it's not
gold plated !!!

on top of that, the box is almost empty !
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Help needed - 08/31/13 05:26 PM
Originally Posted By: J. B.
this crossover looks (is?) very cheap and low quality, it's not
gold plated !!!

on top of that, the box is almost empty !

It was empty because I just got them, it is now rented out. Had a hard time finding furnishing for them.
Posted By: majik Re: Help needed - 08/31/13 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Hmm interesting, mine are suppose to be v2 but my crossover is attached to the side of the cabinet. They did come originally with v3 drivers so its possible they are actually v3. As for the poly fill mine was had it stuffed in through the hole where the driver mounts for the 2 bass drivers,the midrange is in its own compartment and tweeter isn't affected by the poly. If your crossover is part of the terminal cup then the braces would have stood underneath it to stabilize it during shipping, no need to put them back.

This is where mine is:
[img:left]http://s792.photobucket.com/user/majik27/media/image-1.jpg.html[/img]

still not sure where to put the polyfill though
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Help needed - 08/31/13 09:01 PM
In the cabinet. Or on your head, if you're bald.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Help needed - 08/31/13 10:36 PM
i seem to remember reading somewhere that it was recommended to let the polyfill hang down from the top center of the enclosure.

can't tell you more, and if it's false, then i told you too much.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Help needed - 08/31/13 11:16 PM
Don't worry about those braces then they are for shipping stability only. just push the fill into each woofer hole evenly, placement is not as important as quantity.
© Axiom Message Boards