Axiom Home Page
Posted By: forkbeard stands for M22s? - 09/03/03 08:27 PM
It seems more than a few happy listeners around here enjoy thier M22s. And since I just got a pair, I'm needing some stands for them. I was wondering what others were using and how they were working. Thanks.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: stands for M22s? - 09/03/03 08:30 PM
I use Atlantis SBF20's. They're great, easy, and good looking

Call Marc at the audioshopcanada.com

he'll get you a great price.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: stands for M22s? - 09/03/03 08:40 PM
www.racksandstands.com

They've got TONS of stands, and really great prices. I bought my AV rack from them.
Posted By: twopecker Re: stands for M22s? - 09/03/03 09:14 PM
I think spiff was the person who reccomended that site to me when I asked the same question. I can also say that its a great place to see whats out there.
Posted By: sushi Re: stands for M22s? - 09/03/03 10:42 PM
I think Spiff is Craig's bf... the one who wants a plasma! LOL
Posted By: forkbeard Re: stands for M22s? - 09/04/03 12:24 AM
Yes. I have been to that site. There certainly are many from which to choose. Thanks.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: stands for M22s? - 09/04/03 07:03 AM
Yep...it's Spiff & Me (I'm the "me" part!) LOL...
Posted By: chrono Re: stands for M22s? - 09/04/03 01:35 PM
I built myself a pair of stands for a total of $16 canadian. The top and the bottom are made from MDF, supported by 4 pine posts. I used a jigsaw to cut the tops to match up perfectly with the bottom of the m22's, and then painted them black. I must say they look very nice, are very sturdy, and cost alot less than buying stands.
Posted By: recruiterbob Re: stands for M22s? - 09/08/03 08:39 PM
I also made stands for my M22's. Here's a link on how to make "stubbies":
http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/stubby_e.html

Here's another link. This was the general directions that I used:
http://homepage.mac.com/alrossnin/PhotoAlbum46.html

I just used scrap lumber I had, a 4" PVC pipe, all-thread rods, painted black and they look great. Not fancy and the degree of difficulty in making them was about a 2 out of 10. I added sand to give mine additional weight.

Posted By: Oak244 Re: stands for M22s? - 09/19/03 05:53 PM
I actually built my own stands to get a match for the Cherry Finish on the speakers and my furniture. It turned out great!
© Axiom Message Boards