Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Scenium Trying to accommodate the VP180 - 04/20/14 01:35 AM
Hi,

I am looking at upgrading my VP150 v2 to the new VP180. I currently have M60s v2 for mains. My main issue is that my tv stand shelf only has a height of 8.25" but all other dimensions are good. I was wondering if the height of the inverted VP180 included the rubber feet and if not would the VP180 fit into the my shelve all of the way? My second option would be to put a 98lb TV directly on top if the VP180 but I am unsure if it I'll hold the weight and be easy to level(possibly rubber feet only on the back). Lastly would the VP150 V4 be much of an upgrade from the V2 if other options aren't practical.

P.S: The VP160 was my first option but the height it will raise the TV seems too awkward and the tv's base would pretty much be sitting on the corners.

Thanks!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Trying to accommodate the VP180 - 04/20/14 02:11 AM
You can read through this thread where similar question was asked and answered.

Any way you could wall mount the tv .?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Trying to accommodate the VP180 - 04/20/14 02:37 AM
Upgrading to a big CC speaker that is capable of decent bass response sucha as the VP160 or 180 is one of the best upgrades that one can do for a HT.

I just went through the same exercise with acquiring a VP160 to replace my VP100 that resided near the floor on a shelf that didn't have enough height. I ended up buying a new stand to accommodate this beast; however, it was on clearance at a tremendous saving so it all worked out well.

Here's how it turned out:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php/topics/399235/5

TAM
Posted By: Scenium Re: Trying to accommodate the VP180 - 04/20/14 03:03 AM
Thanks for the super quick response. I read through all of the threads back to 2011 and got many questions answered. I would like to eventually wall mount the TV but I am holding off until I upgrade it in the next year or two(waiting to see what happens with HDMI 2.0 and 4k. I might have to go for a bigger the stand if the height dimension of my current one won't work.
Posted By: wilwom Re: Trying to accommodate the VP180 - 04/20/14 05:31 PM
I wouldn't mind replacing my VP150 with a VP160; but it just won't fit in my expensive cabinet which matches my expensive audio rack. The VP180 would fit; but I don't want to upgrade that far. Everything is a tradeoff.
Bill
© Axiom Message Boards