Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cmuajp Scratchy Sound Problem - Please Help! - 09/15/03 04:32 PM
I am having a problem with my new home theater setup. I am running 5 Axiom speakers (VP 150, M22, QS8's)with a SVS sub and a HK525 all connected with RCA 14 guage wiring with gold connectors. The problem I have is that I get a scratchy sound on the diologue when someone is yelling in the media content (peak sounds). Now I thought it was a problem with the reciever so I got a replacement from J&R and still have the same problem. I also thought it was a problem with the speaker so I switched my center with one of the front surrounds and still get the same noise. I also tried new speaker wire and that didn't help. This noise happens on all sources, regular cable (analog) and DVD (digital coax). I am running out ideas on what it could be. The only things I can think of are dirty power fromt the wall or that the replacement reciever is bad as well. What do you guys think? I was thinking about buying a power conditioner and seeing if that fixes it. I can probably get another reciever fron J&R but I am only going to request it as a last resort. I am running out of time on the replacement window (10 days) so any quick help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Scratchy Sound Problem - Please Help! - 09/16/03 03:16 PM
have you tried using a different DVD player?

you might also want to check if there is something near the speaker that can cause interference.
Posted By: cmuajp Re: Scratchy Sound Problem - Please Help! - 09/16/03 03:20 PM
Tried a new DVD player. I need to confirm the second thing though.
Posted By: Spiffy Re: Scratchy Sound Problem - Please Help! - 09/16/03 04:02 PM
Have you tried hooking things up in different locations in your home/apartment?

Also, did you check if the center channel wiring is out of phase?
Posted By: cmuajp Re: Scratchy Sound Problem - Please Help! - 09/17/03 12:49 PM
Have not tried moving the speakers but that is going to be a last resort cause it is a real pain to do so. The center is in phase.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Scratchy Sound Problem - Please Help! - 09/17/03 01:06 PM
Ask a friend to temporarily lend you a receiver/amp/pre. Attach all your same devices and check for the scratchy stuff. If you still got it ... its one of your components...if not the 2nd receiver is a dud.
© Axiom Message Boards