Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DAVEY_RACKETS Pulled the Plug - 10/14/03 08:47 PM
After reading, reading, and more reading, and following some "sound advice" I found all my pieces in the Axiom Factory Outlet. Colors too. M60's /QS8's / VP150 and stands for the QS8's. All in Mansfield Beech with the exception of the stands (no choice) and the VP150 (black). Hope to have it here soon. I will pair this with the Yamaha RX-V2400.
Last piece to get would be a subwoofer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Specify models liked please. Thanks
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pulled the Plug - 10/14/03 09:17 PM
What's your sub budget?

Check out the following sites. Both companies make fantastic subs for the money. They offer great subs from around $500 to $1000+.

http://www.hsuresearch.com
http://www.svsubwoofers.com

Posted By: sushi Re: Pulled the Plug - 10/14/03 09:25 PM
Since your room size is relatively modest (14'x13'?), I would suggest the Hsu VTF-2 as the first candidate. Its cabinet is compact enough not to dominate the room. Of course, if you love the 16Hz organ pedal tones, you can always go for the bigger brother, VTF-3.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Pulled the Plug - 10/14/03 09:35 PM
Hsu, Hsu, Hsu...

'nuff said.
Posted By: gem41573 Re: Pulled the Plug - 10/14/03 10:06 PM
SVS, SVS, SVS 'nuff said. Ha Ha (Sorry Spiffnme, had to do it). While this is definitely a HSU favored board, there are some of us (Pmbuko I know for one) who own and love SVS as well. I own the SVS PB1 ($600), and it is an outstanding sub--shines for music and movies.

I had never heard either SVS or HSU prior to purchasing, but it was between HSU and SVS for me. In the end, for a variety of reasons, I chose the SVS and couldn't be happier. You can't go wrong with either company, and both SVS and HSU are widely regarded as major bang for your buck subs.
Posted By: MisoSoup Re: Pulled the Plug - 10/15/03 04:27 AM
SVS, SVS I happen to think the big subs are cool! I have a 20-39CS+ and I couldn't be happier.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pulled the Plug - 10/15/03 04:27 AM
True. Of all the reviews I've read comparing SVS to Hsu -- there are only a handfull or less -- the differences between the two as far as performance and musicality are concerned are small.
Posted By: snippy Re: Pulled the Plug - 10/15/03 05:05 AM
SVS now has different finishes though, on their box speakers. They have my vote for upgrading because of that. But, then again, the STF series looks really nice.
Posted By: KurtisJ Re: Pulled the Plug - 10/16/03 02:40 AM
In terms of a sub...IB is another choice.
© Axiom Message Boards