Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jim M50 - 60 - need your opinion - 10/20/03 04:28 PM
Hi guys and gals....

Assuming that all system components are reasonably up to snuff, I am wondering about these speakers.

What kind of Bass do the M50's put out? Are they capable of putting out thunderous (but clean) bass that could rival......subs?

I am new to this stuff and would also like to know how a speaker like the M50 can produce rich bass tones with 6.5 inch woofers? Does this have something to do with "drivers"? And, just what are "drivers"?

Thank you.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: M50 - 60 - need your opinion - 10/20/03 04:32 PM
None of the speakers Axiom makes will do thudrous bass without the aid of a subwoofer. While they provide good bass, even the m80ti's roll off at around 50 Hz, which in and of itself is extraordinary for 6.5" woofers. Sounds to me that something along the lines of an SVS sub (they are typically very violently powerful, even scary at times - lol) and a M22ti or M2i setup would be good for you .
Posted By: tobz67 Re: M50 - 60 - need your opinion - 10/20/03 06:55 PM
I've compared both side by side and neither will put out thunderous bass. Both will put out very smooth, accurate bass. If you want thunder, get a real sub and don't look back.

FYI - the 60s have better mid and upper range clarity and more generous bass output.
© Axiom Message Boards