Axiom Home Page
Anyone ever use the Parts Express DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25' . Price is good. 25' for 13.50 + ship = 20.10
Thoughts. Am I still better off using straight wire connect in lieu of bananna plugs, crimps etc?
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Parts Express DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25' - 10/21/03 09:24 PM
I use the Dayton 25' sub cable - it's well made, no hums or buzzes, and inexpensive. I also like Tara Labs Prism 300i's, which I use in one of my HT systems. I like the Tara Labs cables better than the Outlaw cables - don't like the large locking connectors on the Outlaw cables. Taras are well made and really inexpensive!!
Posted By: tobz67 Re: Parts Express DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25' - 10/21/03 10:41 PM
Any suggestions on where to find some Tara Labs? I checked eBay after a recommendation here with no luck.
Ditto on Tara Labs. I would like to see how they price out compared to the Axiom cables.
here's their home page http://www.taralabs.com/index.asp complete with a lookup for dealers.
Yes, but there is no search for websites. That is the problem.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Parts Express DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25' - 10/22/03 05:02 PM
They must be dealer-only. Google turned up no online stores that carry them.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Parts Express DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25' - 10/22/03 09:25 PM
Davey, the Dayton sub cable is fine. Unless you're going to be frequently connecting and disconnecting your speakers and want the convenience of banana plugs, there's no better connection than with the bare wire.

Toby, although the lowest priced Tara Labs Prism line is relatively modest in cost, you can do still better and there's no good reason to search for Tara. The Dayton cables from Parts Express are an obvious choice and another low-cost source is pacificcable.com.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Parts Express DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25' - 10/23/03 12:54 AM
My Dayton subwoofer cable has very nice banana plugs on them.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Parts Express DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25' - 10/23/03 01:48 AM
2x6, I think that those were two separate questions, since a sub cable, by definition, comes with a RCA plug on each end.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Parts Express DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25' - 10/23/03 01:57 AM
Doh!
© Axiom Message Boards