Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/15/20 02:37 PM
Some of you may already know of http://www.musicvaultz.com/ but I found them fairly recently. They are, as I understand, the online distributor for Universal Music Canada, and are located in Toronto and have quite a lot of vinyl, cd and music related merchandise. They ship worldwide I believe.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/15/20 04:36 PM
They need to have a section called "Recordings worthy of active LFRs".
Posted By: MMM Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/15/20 09:35 PM

Digital music is where it's at.

Posted By: Mojo Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/15/20 10:25 PM
I know two people who swear vinyl is more emotionacoustically satisfying. I'd love to know the technical reasons for their perceptions. I have not listened to vinyl in the last 36 years so I have no opinion. I do love the sound of vinyl jazz on iheartradio though.
Posted By: MMM Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/15/20 11:43 PM
I will give vinyl one advantage over a CD. That it can cover up a rather poor original master recording. You get a bad master on CD and it's in your face on how bad it sounds.

Sort of like an Active LFR1100. You put a well recorded track on and it's like angels singing on every beat. Have a sub par recording and it's like the devil himself reaching through your eardrums and ripping you soul out.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/16/20 04:00 AM
I really did expect to absolutely hate bad recordings with the actives. Surprisingly I have not found them to be any different than other v4 in that regard. For sure I would much rather listen to a wonderful soundstage, imaging and dynamics but bad recordings aren't worse on the actives.

I really don't know what to make of this observation. Great recordings sound even better through the actives and bad recordings are equally bad.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/19/20 09:13 AM
I had the same observation with M80's.
My original V3 M80's were much harder to listen to bad recordings than my current trio. I'm glad that didn't carry over.
Even before I installed the V4 tweeter in the HP's I noticed the difference. That's why I kept them.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/19/20 09:15 AM
Funniest observation is quiet often the commercials between music videos have better sound quality than the videos themselves.
Posted By: brendo Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/19/20 07:46 PM
That drives me crazy. You need to almost attenuate for the voices in music shows etc. Then the damn commercials come on ultra loud and crystal clear. To bad they don't do the opposite and try to sell you a copy of whatever content.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Source for Music/Merchandise - 01/20/20 02:01 AM
Yep.
© Axiom Message Boards