Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Cork Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/05/21 05:02 PM
Our cat decided he likes to sit there and use the lower port to pull out the padding stuffed into the bottom part of my M80s. I usually keep them covered because of this, but sometimes I slip. So I was thinking of getting a port plug and drilling some holes in it. That would still allow some air movement but keep the cat out (I hope).
What do you guys think?
Posted By: rrlev Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/05/21 06:21 PM
Maybe put some acoustically transparent cloth over it (using velcro or painter tape?)
Posted By: Mojo Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/05/21 07:07 PM
Stuff straws in there.
Posted By: Cork Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/05/21 07:21 PM
Both of those are great ideas - thank you both!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/05/21 08:18 PM
I just finished cleaning my eavestroughs and realized this might be a great solution. smile

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...oCFqwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=313
Posted By: Cork Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/06/21 02:49 PM
That's even more clever than straws! I snagged a few and some cloth to cover them. I appreciate the great ideas, thanks again!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/06/21 04:34 PM
Those leaf strainers look so cool I'd leave them naked.

So many have complained about this over the years. Ian should buy a machine to build leaf strainers in a color of choice, throw an Axiom logo on them and sell them for 50 bucks each.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/06/21 06:39 PM
Hey a new opportunity for you Mojo
“Vortex Enhancers”… “Your speaker never sounded so good”. Only $250
Posted By: Mojo Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/06/21 07:01 PM
What a fun business that would be, eh? Unfortunately, I cannot do that to people...no matter how much money they have. On the other hand, if it makes them feel good, why not? Hmmmmm.....
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/06/21 07:54 PM
There are plenty of snake oil gadgets on the market already. Why not join the party and make some money?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/06/21 08:06 PM
I think you all know me by now. I'd want to back up my snake oil with science, physics, engineering and other such gimmicks. laugh
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/06/21 08:25 PM
L.M.A

Lime Mankini Audio.

Introducing “ The Mojo Portal “

Improving your ports , one at a time.

See what I did there? Ha ha ha !!!!

The lime mankini never fails to make me laugh!!!!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/06/21 09:29 PM
Kodiak, you've proven yourself. You can be my CSOO (Chief Snake Oil Officer). Rich, you can be my CVWE (Chief Vapor Ware Engineer). Rich, your job is to come up with fancy graphs and charts that no one can refute. Kodiak, your job is to show how those charts and graphs make people happy as they are parting with their hard-earned cash.

The lime mankini will be our logo. Every LMAer, male, female and everyone in betwixt, will prance about, joyfully fulfilling their snake oil duties while wearing lime mankinis.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/09/21 09:49 PM
No one is going to buy stuff from a guy jumping around in a Lime Mankini ... sorry Kodiak ...

Think you should go for a cute rat wearing headphones ..

Company Name: "Rat Labs" ...
Mojo, as head engineer you dress in a white lab coat ... arms crossed Norton style
motto "engineer'ed to enhance listening excellence"

Kodiak, as CFO make sure to push the extended warrantee ...
Posted By: Mojo Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/09/21 10:25 PM
They bought Axioms and other goodies from this clod-hopping troglodyte so I'm sure a lime mankini is at least one step up. smile

https://youtu.be/JZUqZPTwlYY
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Weird use for a port plug - Bad idea? - 08/09/21 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by rrlev
Kodiak, as CFO make sure to push the extended warrantee ...

Kinky......
blush
© Axiom Message Boards