Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Saint Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/14/03 09:56 PM
Do you generally leave the axiom speaker covers on or off? I think they have a "cleaner" look on, but look "cooler" off!

I always will regret getting black instead of boston cherry.

(PS Is there any safety reason the cover should stay on? Dust? Protection?)

Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/14/03 10:03 PM
That's an excellent question, one that I've wondered myself for a long time. I will be eagerly awaiting whatever advice is given!
Posted By: mwc Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/14/03 10:21 PM
I think the black ones look like they are wearing little tuxedos and look rather formal.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/14/03 10:50 PM
WAF = grilles on. Happy wife, happy life.

I like the tuxedo analogy!
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/14/03 11:12 PM
I think they look better with the grilles ON at the moment, but whenever I listen to them, the grilles come off.

I usually alternate grilles on and off when they are not in use, so that I don't get bored of the looks. For the last few weeks they have been off 24/7, and now they are staying on when not being listened to because I got tired of the look.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/15/03 12:18 AM
I love having the covers off, but unfortunately my 2 year old loves pushing in the dust caps on the drivers, just as much.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/15/03 12:55 AM
I only take'em off when I watch a movie or sit down and listen to music. Otherwise I leave them on for protective reasons. Mostly dust.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/15/03 01:58 AM
Mine are on all the time, partially for the WAF, but also to protect the cones from stray cat paws.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/15/03 02:24 AM
OFF

only off..
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Speaker covers: On or off! - 11/15/03 04:40 AM
Yep.
Covers off for us too. I love the steel driver look and at the time, all we had for grille options was black.
I hate black.
Black is not a colour. It is simply black.

However, kids or pets and the covers may have to go back on. Hmmm, perhaps a simple upgrade to some new grille colours now that they exist....

HEY AMIE, how's that webpage with all the new funky colour selections coming along?!
© Axiom Message Boards