Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bob4action Yet another sub question - 11/24/03 08:35 PM
Greetings,
I am trying to decide on a sub for my new system, which I have narrowed down to either the Epic 40 or Epic 50 Home Theater system, for my 16x22 room w/ 8' ceiling. I will power it with a Denon 1804 receiver.
My question is about the EP175 sub. I would just as soon go with this, since I would have the ease of one stop shopping and choice of finish, but everything I read seems to indicate that Axiom subs aren't in the same class as Hsu.
Is there anyone out there who has an EP175 and has compared it to Hsu? They have a new model STF-2 for $399 with free shipping, compared to the Axiom at $499.
Any suggestions?
b.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Yet another sub question - 11/24/03 11:04 PM
I doubt you'll find anyone who has heard both.

You can't go wrong with the Hsu. Especially that new SFT line - those prices are true bargains. (I thought I got the deal of a century on my VTF-2 at $450!)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Yet another sub question - 11/24/03 11:22 PM
Perhaps we need to have a sub bake off. The trick is finding people with all of the popular models (SVS, Hsu, Axiom, Adire, etc.) all in the same area. We do get this sort of question a lot...
Posted By: mwc Re: Yet another sub question - 11/24/03 11:38 PM
I nominate Sushi's house! I'd be great to party in too. Hell, we could do mains and sources and amplifiers/receivers and DACs too. Make it a weekend affair. I'm sure Amie wouldn't mind loaning us a couple of subs.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Yet another sub question - 11/24/03 11:50 PM
Oh god, do you think we could do all of that without getting into fistfights? ;-)
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Yet another sub question - 11/25/03 12:33 AM
If you're going to shlepp subs to Sushi's house, and test DACS, amps, etc., I sure hope you test a bunch of interconnects and speaker wires as well!
Posted By: Saturn Re: Yet another sub question - 11/25/03 01:30 AM
I'll send my Kimbers over
Posted By: mwc Re: Yet another sub question - 11/25/03 01:34 AM
Oh sure. Music soothes the savage beast. I'm just a big teddy bear and anyway after a few beers I would lose any will for confrontation.
Posted By: mwc Re: Yet another sub question - 11/25/03 01:44 AM
Would you loan out your Mapleshades? Btw, I have a Mapleshade recording. It's pretty cool the way they record. Studio recording without the "studio sound".
Posted By: mwc Re: Yet another sub question - 11/25/03 02:01 AM
Kimbers...What's that? Just kidding.

I was hoping we could count on you to supply some "silver surfers".
© Axiom Message Boards