Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BigRingKing Sub for M22's - 12/22/03 08:16 PM
Hey you M22 owners

I just got my M22's and they've just made me realize how BAD my Wharfedale sub really is (Topaz 10"). I mean I've always known that it is bad, but matched to the M22's it sounds like an angry bloated bull pinching a loaf...

So I need a good double-duty sub (music and HT) - I was thinking along the lines of a svs 25-31 pci...thoughts?
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Sub for M22's - 12/23/03 01:35 AM
Can't go wrong with the Hsu VTF-2

Mark
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sub for M22's - 12/23/03 01:39 AM
There is no such thing as a "double duty" sub. If a sub can't handle music well, it's a piece of dootie. If it can handle music, big booms for HT is a piece of cake.

Hsu is the way to go. The VTF-2 is excellent. I have one in a fairly big room, and it's performs admirably. They now have the STF-2, which is essentially a VTF-2 permanently tuned to max extension. The STF-2 will save you $50 over the VTF-2.

Go Hsu.

'Nuff said.

Posted By: JohnK Re: Sub for M22's - 12/23/03 01:43 AM
BRK, the 25-31 would certainly be a fine selection. I'd suggest that if you decide to go with it that you ask Tom to custom tune it to 22Hz(no extra charge).
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sub for M22's - 12/23/03 01:52 AM
Yes, that SVS sub is probably a fine choice, but the STF-2 is probably just as good, and costs $150 less. (And I think Hsu is still offering free shipping.)
Posted By: BigRingKing Thanks for the help! - 12/23/03 02:01 PM
Quality reccomendations all around. Seems like Hsu or svs are the way to go - with my budget the VTF-2 is a viable oftion ($449 no shipping!).

Thanks again
bigringking
Posted By: chrono Re: Thanks for the help! - 12/25/03 06:37 PM
The Adire Rava is also a fine choice. I got it to go with my M22's, and I have no complaints at all. I use it for bass heavy music (trance, drum and bass etc) and it does an exceptional job of producing accurate bass, that can go really really loud.
© Axiom Message Boards